Choose a career that inspires people.
Progress your career as a valued member of one of the most respected and supportive teams in the healthcare sector. In helping us deliver outstanding healthcare you’ll be making a real difference to residents and their families every single day, with support from the organisation and your colleagues every step of the way.
Long Eaton is a specialist day service for adults with learning disabilities. The service is led by four key disciplines: occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech and language therapy and nursing. Our multi-disciplinary approach allows us to develop a clear and focused activity plan that works towards maximising an individual’s potential and gaining the inputs as needed from the on-site clinical team.
In this role you’ll:
• Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our residents
• Work in the residential area, providing guidance and encouragement to residents through physical and emotional support
• Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment for our residents to live in, which will involve undertaking some domestic duties and complying with policies and procedures
• Assist residents with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
• Safeguard residents
• Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way.
We're looking for people who have:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
• The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the residents
• A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
In return we’ll offer you:
• Opportunity for overtime
• Employee Discount Scheme
• DBS paid
• Regular coaching and support
• Free meals on duty
• Free parking at site
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.