Give your career a positive change
At Cygnet you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Make a bigger difference to your career and to patient care with us.
Heathers in Birmingham is a 20 bed specialist rehabilitation service for adult males with an acquired brain injury (ABI). Our person-centred and flexible ABI rehabilitation programme aims to reduce risk, maximise independence, improve quality of life and, where possible, help those affected to recover to the best of their ability.
Typically, our service users will have an acquired brain injury as a result of an accident or a stroke. Other service users will be admitted due to early onset progressive nervous system dysfunction, which may derive from hereditary and sporadic conditions such as Huntington’s disease. This role will also cover our new nearby step down facility, Meadow Mews in Tipton.
In this role you’ll:
• Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our patients
• Work in the hospital area, providing guidance and encouragement to patients through physical and emotional support
• Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment for our patients to live in, which will involve undertaking some domestic duties and complying with policies and procedures
• Assist patients with medical, hygiene and welfare needs and complete relevant administration and reports as required regarding medication or safeguarding.
• Safeguard patients
• Learn about patients specific needs to ensure the highest standard of care is delivered for each individual
We're looking for people who have:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
• The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
• A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
• A strong, flexible mental aptitude and an ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
• NVQ level 1 or 2 in a relevant care setting is preferable but not essential
• Flexibility to work shift patterns including days, nights and weekends.
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
•Training on Site
•Free meals on duty
•Free Parking on Site
Try something new and positive that’s not your typical 9-5 but offers great rewards in return. A brighter career and a brighter future for everyone.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.