Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Cygnet Elms is a 10 bed high dependency complex care service for women with learning disabilities and other complex needs. In June 2018 the Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated Cygnet Elms ‘Outstanding’ in all areas.
In this role you will;
• Liaise with the manager when planning/costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of fresh foods, as available.
• Prepare, cook and serve meals, hot and cold, as appropriate. Responsible for maintaining and managing the food budget.
• Provide special diets where necessary as well as taking into account the preferences of individual patients.
• Be responsible for the washing up after meals and the overall cleaning of the kitchen and where appropriate the dining area.
• Maintain an accurate record / list of food supplies, freezer temperatures requirements, etc. where requested / required.
• Order stocks and check deliveries, as well as check and value stocks as required by the manager.
• Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
We are looking for people who have;
• Good communication.
• Ability to plan nourishing and attractive menus within available budgets
• Team player / Works on own initiative.
• Experience of working in a care/ Hospital environment
• City & Guilds 706 - 1 & 2 / NVQ Level 2/3 Catering (or equivalent)
• Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate.
• Experience of preparing fresh food to cover 3 main meal times.
In return, you’ll receive a range of benefits including:
•Training on Site
This post is a 5month fixed term contract
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the people within our care. All candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to