At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident Registered Learning Disability Nurse.
A rewarding role with excellent career prospects, your focus on quality of care will help us achieve our goals.
RNLDs with interests in leadership, research & risk assessment are encouraged to apply.
If you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
• Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
• Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
• Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
• Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals.
• Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
• Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
• Newly Qualified or Experienced RNLD with a current Pin Number
• Capable to maintain documentation and undertake audits
• Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
• Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
• Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
• Helping to empower & support service user independence.
What we’ll offer you…
Some of the benefits of this role include:
•33 days annual leave
•Fully paid training
•Courtesy meals and refreshments whilst on shift
•Shopping and entertainment discount scheme (over 800 retailers)
•Cycle to Work scheme
•Opportunities to progress and develop
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Cygnet has recently merged with The Danshell Group, an exciting time and a new chapter. Here is your chance to be a part of it!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an RNLD to join us at Chesterholme Hospital
is based in the picturesque town of Hexham in Northumberland, Chesterholme is a specialist hospital providing assessment and intervention for up to 16 men and women living with a learning disability and complex needs. Within Chesterholme there are two follow-on services, which offer a choice between a three and a four bed self-contained apartments. This provides a care pathway from the main hospital to a service that focuses and promotes greater independence in preparation for moving on to either a residential or a supported living setting.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.