Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Cygnet Manor is a 20 bed high dependency complex care service for men with learning disabilities and associated complex needs. All bedrooms are en-suite and furnished to a high standard. The people in our care are encouraged to personalise their bedroom to their own taste.
In this role you will;
• Liaise with the Cook when planning/costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of fresh foods, as available.
• Prepare, cook and serve meals, hot and cold, as appropriate.
• Provide special diets where necessary as well as taking into account the preferences of individual patients.
• Be responsible for the washing up after meals and the overall cleaning of the kitchen and where appropriate the dining area.
• Maintain an accurate record / list of food supplies, freezer temperatures requirements, etc. where requested / required.
• Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
We are looking for people who have;
• Good communication.
• Ability to plan nourishing and attractive menus within available budgets
• Team player / Works on own initiative.
• Experience of working in a care/ Hospital environment
• City & Guilds 706 - 1 & 2 / NVQ Level 2/3 Catering (or equivalent)
• Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate.
• Hospitality experience.
• Experience of preparing fresh food to cover 3 main meal times.
In return, you’ll receive a range of benefits including:
•Training on Site
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the people within our care. All candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to