Choose a career that inspires people.
Progress your career as a valued member of one of the most respected and supportive teams in the healthcare sector. In helping us deliver outstanding healthcare you’ll be making a real difference to patients and their families every single day, with support from the organisation and your colleagues every step of the way.
Cygnet Hospital Derby provides low secure and mental health rehabilitation care based on the Recovery Model. Our integrated male care pathway includes Litchurch Ward, our low secure ward, and the Wyvern Unit, our mental health rehabilitation service. Alvaston Ward, our 16 bed specialist female personality disorder service, is one of the leading services of its kind in the East and West Midlands.The ward can support women with highly complex needs and those who have experienced previously unsuccessful placements.
As an active member of our dynamic team, you’ll provide support for our nursing staff including the admission, assessment, implementation and discharge of inpatients, with a focus on dignity and safety at all times.
In this role you’ll:
• Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our patients
• Work in the hospital area, providing guidance and encouragement to patients through physical and emotional support
• Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in
• Assist patients with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
• Safeguard patients
• Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way.
We're looking for people who have:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
• The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
• A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
• A strong, flexible mental aptitude and an ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
• NVQ level 1 or 2 in a relevant care setting is preferable but not essential
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
•Teaching and CPD programmes
• Employee Discount Scheme
• DBS paid
• Regular coaching and support
•Contributory pension scheme
•Free life insurance
•Subsidised meals on duty
•Comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
•Health Cash Plan
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.