Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Make a bigger difference to your career and to patient care with us.
Cygnet Hospital Colchester, formerly known as Fairview Hospital, is a 57 bed service providing a range of intensive support and rehabilitation services for men with learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders or mental health needs, and women with a diagnosis of personality disorder and complex mental health needs.
The aim of our services is assessment, stabilisation, treatment and engagement, with a view to supporting service users in the least restrictive environment appropriate to their needs. Our services are recovery-focused, with the aim of preparing individuals for a move to rehabilitation or step-down services, and ultimately, back into the community wherever possible. Our comprehensive in-house multi-disciplinary team includes Psychology, Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy, alongside psychiatry, nursing and support workers.
In this role you’ll:
• Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our patients
• Work in the hospital area, providing guidance and encouragement to patients through physical and emotional support
• Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in
• Assist patients with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
• Safeguard patients
• Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way.
We're looking for people who have:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
• The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
• A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
In return we’ll offer you:
• Opportunity for overtime
• Employee Discount Scheme
• DBS paid
• Free uniform
• Regular coaching and support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.