Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Make a bigger difference to your career and to patient care with us.
For our Cygnet Sheffield Hospital we are looking for a Estate Supervisor to join our team.
Responsible For: Escorting Building Contractors and Supporting Estates Maintenance Function
Reports To: Building Lead
In this role you will:
- Provide an escort to building and maintenance contractors within a secure environment to ensure safe execution of work activities.
- Provide support to the maintenance function to assist with maintenance activities throughout the hospital.
- Complete risk assessments and safety check sheets prior to any work commencing and upon completion of works.
- Liaise with ward management, security, contractors and estates team to ensure safe access and egress is maintained to working areas.
- Ensure work areas including access and egress points are maintained in a safe condition throughout work schedule.
- Ensure PPE is worn at all times as required.
- To ensure adherence to Safety Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of works for all activities.
- Ensure awareness of Physical, Procedural and Relational security requirements whilst completing tasks.
- To communicate with ward management prior to and during any works to ensure that they are aware of works tasks and any implications or requirements relating to access and health and safety.
- To undertake statuary and mandatory training and participate in any development training as required by the hospital.
- The post holder may be required to undertake duties as directed by the Hospital Director that are within the competence of the post holder and compatible with the expectations of the post.
We are looking for people who have:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
• Worked within a healthcare environment is desirable
• Polite, helpful and professional
• Full UK Driver License is desirable
In return we'll offer you:
• Opportunity for overtime
• Employee Discount Scheme
• DBS paid
• Regular coaching and support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
Please note – this role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 as you will be in contact with vulnerable adults. Therefore all candidates invited for interview will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check and any offer of employment is subject to successful clearance. If you are looking for a truly rewarding career with great prospects then we would love to hear from you.