Give your career a positive change.
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on residents and their families. You’ll be exposed to all kinds of new challenges and responsibilities, to ensure you continue learning and developing as you go.
As part of an organisation with an outstanding reputation for innovation in the sector, you’ll benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive, whatever your level or career goals.
Make a bigger difference to your career and to residents’ care with us.
We are currently recruiting for a part-time Administrator who will be responsible for the smooth running of the administration of the home including maintaining adequate supplies, obtaining a high standard of record keeping, maintaining staff personnel files and providing support to the Unit Manager. The role is based in Bournemouth - Amberwood and Nightgale, but occasionally you may be required to travel to other homes in the Southampton area.
Nightingale is a 10 bed specialist residential service for adults with autism and who may present with behaviours that challenge. We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective care environment for those in our care, promoting independence and community integration.
In this role you’ll:
• Act as a positive role model to promote and ensure the good reputation of the home whilst maintaining and demonstrating a positive attitude towards residents, their families, visitors and other staff members.
• Maintain complete and accurate financial records of the Home using computer and manual systems.
• Process all payroll information on a weekly basis.
• Maintain complete Staff files ensuring they are kept up to date and in line with Healthcare Commission regulations. Ensuring that HR systems remains accurate with all staff data recorded.
• Provide administration support to all disciplines within the home, meeting deadlines, compiling reports for reviews, meetings, and support other areas during absence and annual leave.
• Maintain adequate supplies of stock and equipment, undertake general administrative duties i.e. faxing photocopying, taking telephone calls and ensure a high standard of record keeping.
We're looking for people who have:
• Administrator/Receptionist experience, ideally within a healthcare environment and be skilled in report preparation, organising meetings, liaising with customers/clients, cash management/finance or budgets.
• Educated to GCSE level in Maths and English (or equivalent) and have a relevant administration qualification (desirable).
• IT proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows is key, along with a good understanding of payroll and telephone systems.
• Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, good organisation and time management skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative.
In return we’ll offer you:
• Paid DBS
• Free meals on duty
• Employee Discount Scheme
• Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme
• Free Parking on Site
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.