Are you an HCPC registered Psychologist looking for your next challenge in Mental Health?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and driven Clinical / Forensic / Counselling Psychologist to join our team at Cygnet Hospital Wyke and Brighouse.
Cygnet Hospital Wyke provides a comprehensive pathway of acute admissions services for men and women. Our team works closely and collaboratively with service users, their families and the referrer to provide a seamless pathway from referral to discharge.
Cygnet Lodge Brighouse is a high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for men. The emphasis within the service is on preparing people for discharge, whilst providing a high level of support and uses a recovery focused model.
We are currently looking for a Clinical/Forensic/Counselling Psychologist to join our extraordinary team and help us to make the difference in the lives of the adults in our care. We are looking for someone passionate about young people and able to work in a dynamic environment that offers many opportunities to learn, research and innovate.
As part of your job, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clinical presentations and severity in a very supportive and holistic environment. You will also attend our corporate induction that covers the basic aspects of your work here at Cygnet, in addition to the opportunity of attending CPD trainings.
Your Duties Will Include:
- To provide input across all wards at Cygnet Hospital Wyke & Cygnet Lodge Brighouse.
- Manage your own caseload and exercise autonomous professional responsibility for cases in liaison with the clinical teams at Cygnet Hospital Wyke & Cygnet Lodge Brighouse.
- Provide specialist psychological assessments including psychometric, cognitive, and structured risk assessments, including the HCR-20.
- Develop formulations with service users and share these with the MDT.
- Based on the formulation, develop treatment plans for psychological therapy and or/management, employing methods based on evidence of efficacy whilst maintaining a flexible approach about what will best meet the individual’s needs.
You Will Also Receive:
- A salary of up to £40,000 (dependent on experience)
- A corporate induction on company policies and basic duties;
- An individual induction on your role and expectations;
- Monthly individual clinical supervision by the Lead Psychologist;
- Monthly line management to support you toward your development;
- A wide range of company benefits including discounts, private insurance and extra holiday allowance;
- 25 day of annual leave and 8 bank holidays;
All The Applicants Need To Possess:
- A valid psychology qualification and a three years of postgraduate training or doctorate in Psychology;
- A valid registration with the Health and Care Professions Council;
- Empathy and a person-centred approach to clients;
- The ability to recognise your own limitations and respond to difficult situations;
- The ability to apply your knowledge of academic psychology and research to clinical problems;
- The capacity to work in a self-motivated, independent way;
- Good communications and interpersonal skills in order to deal with people in distress;
- The ability to collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference? Click the link to apply.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*