Embrace a challenging new role full of the opportunities you need to grow your career.
We are currently seeking an Activity Coordinator to join our team at Cygnet Godden Green in Sevenoaks.
This role covers Monday to Friday with occasional weekends and evenings.
Cygnet Hospital Godden Green operates an integrated Tier 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) with a DfE registered school, the Knole Development Centre. Our specialist pathway offers an open acute admissions service (Knole Ward), and a pre-discharge wing (Littleoaks) to allow for a smooth transition for patients returning home to their families.
The hospital is situated in the beautiful countryside of the Kent Weald, near Sevenoaks. Its location, in over an acre of its own grounds, helps the hospital provide a calm and therapeutic environment
In this role you will:
• Deliver planned activities for patients under the direction of Occupational Therapy department and Multidisciplinary Team
• Contribute ideas, create and facilitate events and activities safely and support people to structure their time through meaningful activity
• Have involvement in the delivery of one to one and group interventions
• Implement individual care plans during activity sessions and take into account specific interests and opportunities to promote choice and independence
• You will be expected to use approved restraint techniques to manage Challenging Behaviour – Training will be provided
• Caring and organising weekend activities planning and morning planning meetings.
We are looking for people who have:
• Experience working within a care environment or equivalent
• Full UK Driving License is preferred
• Some experience within a mental health setting is preferred
• An understanding of mental health diagnosis is important
• A relevant healthcare qualification is desirable
In return we will offer:
• Increased hourly rate following successful completion of probation
• Company pension scheme
• Regular supervision by an Occupational Therapist
• Opportunities for CPD, training, development and research
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.