We are seeking a flexible, energetic, and enthusiastic individual with excellent motivational skills to join our team at Cygnet Lewisham Lodge, a high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service providing care for up to 17 men.
Our service provides a high level of support and uses a recovery focused model. The service is ideal for anyone who has been on a longer-stay hospital or acute ward for a period of time and would benefit from a service which helps them prepare for a successful return to the community.
The Occupational Therapy department at Cygnet Lewisham Lodge is very well resourced; facilities include a shared therapy Kitchen, garden and Variety of activity rooms.
In this role you will:
• Deliver planned activities for patients under the direction of Occupational Therapy department and Multidisciplinary Team
• Contribute ideas, create and facilitate events and activities safely and support people to structure their time through meaningful activity
• Have involvement in the delivery of one to one and group interventions
• Implement individual care plans during activity sessions and take into account specific interests and opportunities to promote choice and independence
We are looking for someone who has:
• A good understanding of mental health diagnosis
• Knowledge of recovery approaches and social inclusion is desirable
• Experience of supporting service users with mental illness
• A relevant healthcare qualification is desirable
• Effective communication skills, good organisations skills and a positive attitude.
In return we will offer:
• Increased hourly rate following successful completion of probation
• Company pension scheme
• Regular supervision from a qualified Occupational Therapist
• Opportunities for CPD, training, development and research
• Free meals on duty
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
For further information or to discuss the post, please contact Jennifer Beal, Head of Occupational Therapy on 02075112299