Are you an experienced Clinical, Forensic or Counselling Psychologist looking for a new challenge?
Give your career a positive change with a new opportunity that has become available at Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke.
Cygnet Hospital Kewstoke provides an emergency admissions service for men and a pathway for women from low secure to rehabilitation including a specialist service for personality disorder.
The hospital provides 72 beds across 5 wards. Our wards include Male PICU, Female ACUTE, Female Low Secure, Female Personality Disorder and Female High Dependency Inpatient Rehabilitation.
The post-holder will provide a high quality psychology service across all wards. You will carry out psychological and neuropsychological tests, risk assessments, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations, and semi-structured interviews with patients, family members and others involved in the patients’ care.
Within the MDT setting you will be expected to offer psychological insight and knowledge around the clinical area, and advise non-psychology staff on psychological principles and understanding of behaviours displayed by service users. To formulate and implement psychological treatment, interventions and management plans for individual clients relating to their diagnosis, potential risks and social needs are also key requirements of this role.
The post-holder will have a key role in the training and clinical supervision of Assistant Psychologists, Volunteers and Psychology Trainees/Students on site. You will also have involvement in audit, policy, service development and the assessment and interpretation of outcomes.
As a member of the psychology department, there will be considerable opportunity for further professional development through access to various CPD activities/events and research.
You will have…
• A Doctorate Level Qualification (or equivalent) in Clinical / Forensic / Counselling Psychology along with HCPC Registration
• Experience of working with a variety of adult client groups, ideally within neuropsychiatry / mental health
• Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of people with a wide range of mental health conditions, of varying severity and complexity
• Desirable: A further qualification in Clinical Neuropsychology desirable (BPS QiCN)
• Knowledge of psychological assessment and formulation in healthcare, as well as planning and delivering psychological interventions
• Experience of various psychological therapies/models and risk assessments
• Training and supervision experience is desirable
• The ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you...
• Salary: £37 to £40k per annum
• Company pension scheme
• A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
• Free meals
• CPD opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
• Opportunities to broaden experience and enhance service development across Cygnet Neuropsychiatric services
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for over 30 years.
Contract hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.