Choose a career that inspires people.
At Cygnet Health Care, we believe that every person contributes to make our close-knit team inspiring. We share a passion of inspiring the people in our care, as well as each other. As a part of our team, you can share our passion of helping others too.
Located in South Leverton, Retford, Cygnet Beeches is a 12 bed specialist residential service for adults with autism, learning disabilities and who may present with behaviours that challenge. We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective care environment for those in our care, promoting independence and community integration.
We are currently recruiting for a Deputy Manager with previous experience of working within learning disabilities/residential services with strong leadership skills.
This post involves responsibility of the home, and will entail deputising for the Registered Manager and managing and running the home in their absence. In addition the post holder will hold responsibilities for maintaining a high standard of care, staffing, managing budgets, resources, the fabric of the buildings and the health and welfare of residents.
In this role you’ll:
• Ensure that good quality working relationships are built and maintained between individuals and staff at all levels and that withdrawal from these relationships is done appropriately.
• Reporting directly to the Registered Manager, you will be responsible for contributing to the effective and efficient day to day leadership and management of the service.
• Contribute to the achievement of the company aims, objectives and initiatives in a positive and cohesive manner, and as part of the management team.
• Work together with the multi-disciplinary teams, family members, local authorities and regulatory bodies.
• Ensure, through direct observation and supervision of others, full compliance with relevant regulatory and professional standards.
• Deputise in the absence of the Manager.
We're looking for people who have:
• Knowledge of good management practice including relevant aspects of employment issues and legislation, health and safety and anti-discrimination.
• Experienced & capable of managing in a healthcare setting.
• Highly knowledgeable of CQC guidance and other regulatory requirements.
• A proven leader and have worked with varied stakeholders in the delivery of outstanding care.
• Demonstrable experience of working effectively with people who experience difficulties similar to those experienced by individuals in our care.
• Ability to undertake on call duties.
In return we’ll offer you:
• Employee Discount Scheme
• DBS paid
• Regular coaching and support
• Free Parking on Site
• Free meals on duty
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.