Cygnet Hospital Stevenage offers a range of secure mental health services across 6 wards for men and women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery.
We are currently recruiting for a competent and experienced cook to join our catering team.You must be over 18 years of age and have experience working in catering as you will spend some time working alone. This role is Monday to Friday, 6.5 hour shifts per day, with the opportunity of overtime and some weekends if requested. Full training will be provided.
In this role you will:
• Prepare, cook and serve foods to our high volume of staff working from our onsite café unit
• The café offers a variety of hot and cold foods as well as snacks and drinks
• Take payments from staff members and be competent at using a till
• Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards and Food Hygiene Regulations are followed in the café unit
We are looking for people who have:
• Experience of high volume catering
• Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
• Experience of working under pressure
• Excellent communicationand time management skills
• Experience of working within a care environment is not necessarily essential, but the successful candidate will need to demonstrate a desire to work in this environment
In return we’ll offer you:
• Opportunity for overtime
• Company pension scheme
• Full training
• Subsidised meals on duty
• Employee Discount Scheme
• Health Cash Plan
• Regular coaching and support
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.