Cygnet Hospital Stevenage offers a range of secure mental health services across 6 wards for men and women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery. A range of therapies supports the care pathway towards independent living.
We are currently recruiting for a Medical Secretary to provide comprehensive secretarial support to Consultants, Speciality Doctors, Associate Specialists, the therapy team and nurses, as required.
Previous administrative experience in a customer-focused environment and experience of audio typing and minute taking are essential.
In this role you’ll;
• Provide a high standard of secretarial support to members of the medical team.
• Establish a good working relationship with clinicians and professionals involved in patient care.
• Understand and demonstrate the appropriate need for discretion and confidentiality relating to all patients.
• Prioritise and produce high quality reports including admission, discharge summaries and mental health tribunal reports.
• Minute taking and Typing CPA (Care Plan Approach) Reports/Minutes/Care Plan Outcomes and liaising with the CPA Office regarding the same.
• Create and maintain all patient PC records and paper files
We are looking for people who have;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at all levels.
• Experience of working in administration within a busy environment.
• Good oral and written communication.
• Well-developed skills in word and excel and databases.
• Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Responsible and service orientated.
• Attention to detail.
In return we’ll offer you;
• Annual holiday entitlement
• Birthday and anniversary leave
• A package of support for staff health and wellbeing
• A generous company Pension Scheme
• Group Life Assurance Scheme
• Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Subsidised Meals
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.