Encore Estate Management is currently recruiting for a Senior Caretaker (Also known as Facilities Support Operative) to join our facilities team covering various sites around Cambridgeshire.
This is a specialist role that will be utilised across our portfolio of mobile and site based estates in order to provide and maintain a consistently high level of professional service. In addition this varied role can expect to operate in harmony with the Facilities Supervisor so that our employees are suitably trained, mentored and developed.
What skills and qualifications are required for the role?
- Experience in cleaning, gardening and minor maintenance, minimum of 3 years
- Previous experience in managing small teams would be beneficial
- Good standard of education
- PA1 & PA6 licence preferred
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications
- Be legally able to work in the UK.
- Be of a practical nature with a background in either gardening or maintenance field, such as plumbing, fencing, small works, building or other suitable trade.
- Be fit and able to carry out the duties required.
- Have good social skills as they will be dealing with residents on a daily basis. They need to be polite and friendly, but be aware that any problems should be directed to their Line Manager.
- Be punctual and be able to follow a routine, as work rotas are in place to enable them to carry out their duties in a timely fashion.
- Be able to complete standard forms to record events on a regular basis (such as lighting/alarm tests and health & safety documentation).
- Have a positive “can do” attitude to solving problems.
- Have a full “clean” driving license.
The main duties of the role:
- Assist with training of any new starter to the business
- Mentoring and training staff who are not hitting our usual high standards to ensure we up-skill them Stepping up
- Report to the Facilities Supervisor and Estate Manager any faults and additional works required to maintain a good state of repair.
- Grass cutting and edging, hedge cutting and regular weeding of beds (which will include weed killing)
- Seasonal pruning and dead heading (under instruction if necessary), leaf clearance and litter pick site and keep bin stores clean and tidy
- Check and clean communal lights, replace communal light bulbs and Carry out routine emergency light and alarm tests (after training)
- Vacuuming and cleaning of communal areas including polishing/dusting of woodwork and balustrades, clean windows and glass where necessary and clean door furniture and kick plates
- Check and remove cobwebs on a regular basis. Pressure wash paths and decking when required and ‘Response’ any issues related to our estates efficiently to allow quick resolutions to be found to issues