The overall purpose of this job is to be responsible for maintaining the quality standards of a prestigious residential development in London.
The Building Manager will take overall responsibility for the development including the efficient management of site-based staff, overseeing planned and reactive maintenance including contractor management, ensuring the communal areas are well presented, and providing an exceptional level of customer service to all residents and visitors to the development.
Skills and experience required:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a general maintenance contractor.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of leading a team.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of contractor management including approving and assessing all sub-contractor works.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation of tasks: know which items should be addressed first, while ensuring everything gets done.
- Excellent people skills: Build good relationships with the residents and the client (Estate Manager). Ensure you are well presented at all times.
- Excellent communication skills: both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Good computer skills: be competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) and computer programmes in general.
- Accountability: take personal responsibility for seeing things through to successful resolution. Don’t sit back and assume others will solve it.
- Thorough: attention to detail and the passion to ensure every job is completed correctly.
- Commitment: take pride in what you do and to make a difference.
- Positive: possess a can-do, attitude and a willingness to deliver to the highest level in every part of your job.