The overall purpose of this job is to be responsible for maintaining the quality standards of a prestigious residential development in London. The Building Manager will take overall responsibility for the development including the efficient management of site-based staff, overseeing planned and reactive maintenance including contractor management, ensuring the communal areas are well presented, and providing an exceptional level of customer service to all residents and visitors to the development.
The successful candidate will present with the following:
· Experience of managing prestigious London developments. Your experience may be in the residential block management or hospitality sectors. We are also happy to consider those with an armed forces background.
· Experience of leading, mentoring, coaching and developing a team.
· Experience of contractor management including approving and assessing all sub-contractor works.
· Some experience of financial management would be desirable.
· Excellent time management and prioritisation of tasks: knowing which items should be addressed first, while ensuring everything gets done.
· Excellent people skills: Building good relationships with the residents and the client (Managing Agent). Ensuring he or she is well presented at all times; wearing the company uniform.
· Excellent communication skills: both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with others.
· Good computer skills: be competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) and computer programmes in general.
· Accountability: taking personal responsibility for seeing things through to successful resolution. Not sitting back and assuming others will solve it.
· Thoroughness: paying attention to detail and having the passion to ensure every job is completed correctly.
· Commitment: taking pride in what you do to make a difference.
· Positivity: possessing a can-do attitude and a willingness to deliver to the highest level in every part of your job.
· Curiosity: constantly learning, questioning, analysing, suggesting and promoting.