Job title: Estate Operative
Salary: Up to £28,500 per annum
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Long Service Holiday Award –3, 5 and 10 days additional holiday after the same number of years
- Financial qualification support
- Company events
- Working onsite at a prestigious residential development
The Encore Property Management Group specialises in the ongoing management of large residential developments, including the effective administration of +£20m of client service charge budgets. Based in Cambridge and with offices in London, Sandhurst and Nottingham, Encore works across East Anglia, London, the Home Counties, the South and East Midlands, and has plans for further growth. The Group also consists of separate Facilities Management and Legal businesses, employing over 200 people. Encore prides itself on a commitment to excellence and customer service.
About the role:
The overall purpose of this job is to be responsible for maintaining the quality standards of the external areas of a mixed use development. The role of an Estate Operative is to efficiently resolve all maintenance issues, keep the communal areas clean and tidy, undertake/oversee basic/routine maintenance and provide an exceptional level of customer service to all residents and visitors to the development.
- Ensure that estate areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Complete site walk arounds to look for issues on the estate, as required.
- Report any faults and/or items to be repaired to the Estate Manager.
- Oversee and assist with minor maintenance tasks such as adjusting doors/hinges, door closers and handles
- Facilitate the touching-up of paintwork within communal areas
- Undertake litter picking and cleaning of external hard-landscaped areas
- To assist with refuse movement and waste collection for a streamline process ensuring bin stores are accessible on collection days and or bins are at dedicated collection points
- Oversee and assist with the day-to-day management and cleaning of the bin stores including moving rubbish into correct bins, sweeping/washing floors
- Oversee and assist with the management and cleaning of the car park and adjoining cycle stores, ensuring these areas are kept clean, secure and free for any hazards at all times.
- To facilitate soft-landscaping duties such as watering, leaf and weed removal
- Assist with system testing around the development (including services such as emergency lighting and fire alarms/smoke vents/water feature).
- Mechanical & Electrical Plant Equipment – Be accustomed with typical mechanical and electrical plant equipment found in high-rise residential developments and their operations together with communal heating systems.
- Monitoring the Building Management System
- Assist with contractor signing-in/out/procedures and ensure they are working safely/ complying with Health & Safety regulations on site.
- To provide security to the building and apartments by ensuring the building’s entrance procedures are adhered, overseeing CCTV system, issuing and monitoring of visitors badges and carrying out regular patrols.
- To check IDs/ work permits of contractors.
- Assist with Parking management and safeguard
- To enforce discipline on contractors and other visitors if required in a firm but polite manner
- Greet lessees, residents and visitors warmly and make them feel welcome and attended
- Assist residents, regarding maintenance issues, emergencies and additional requests
- Handling any problems / complaints from residents effectively and efficiently or referring them to the Estate Manager as appropriate
- To be involved with move-ins and move-outs to ensure that no damage or blockages occur in the communal areas
- Assist with the organisation of on-site resident events
- To work as a team with fellow Estate Operatives, other members of staff and subcontractors to maintain the high standards required for a high class residential development, ensuring a 5 star service to the building and its client.
- To attend training sessions or meetings as required
- To perform any other duties as reasonably directed for the good management of the Estate