Our Service Charge Accounts team is growing and that is where you come in! We are looking for a candidate that is either AAT qualified or part qualified, ideally with service charge accounting experience but this is not essential. You will have excllent time management skills and a go getter attitude!
The key responsibilities are:
- Ensure annual service charge budgets are accurate and loaded correctly with correct apportionments
- Periodic billing of service charges, ground rent and other charges to leaseholders
- Prepare end of year service charge accounts within agreed timeframe, before submitting to external Accountants for review
- Monthly bank reconciliations for client estates
- Monitor the general health and correctness of the service charge accounts associated with your portfolio, supporting Estate Managers with relevant information
- Handle referred leaseholder service charge queries to resolution via either telephone or e-mail, or escalate to relevant Estate Manager
- Following up actions from AGM Minutes and directors meetings
- Assist the Client Accounting team with day to day / adhoc duties
The Service Charge Accountant is responsible for the effective client accounting of a portfolio of managed estates. You will be a vital part of the team, working closely with the estate management team. This is an exciting role within Encore which offers the opportunity to learn on the job through training and qualifications, through this you will be able to progress through the team.