Would you like to join us on our journey? where striving for zero carbon isn’t just aspirational but a reality as part of our ‘Leading the North West to Zero Carbon’.
At Electricity North West, we thrive on being part of a customer focused team that likes to put their people first. We are committed to building our teams to represent the local communities we serve and promoting the importance of inclusivity at work. Our aim is to always encourage, support and develop our people to ensure everyone reaches their full potential.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Substation Ground Worker to join our team based in Lancashire (Preston / Blackburn) and surrounding areas.
The team are responsible for all aspects of grounds maintenance in and around our Substations and Electrical infrastructure, this includes vegetation clearances of sites so that our customers can enjoy a reliable and efficient electricity supply.
This is a diverse role that will see you working as a lone worker and as part of a team.
The role will see you start and finish from home with a company van and route which allows you to plan your own working day.
Knowledge and skills:
- Are familiar with working in accordance with Health and Safety, Codes of Practice’s, Safety Rules and their processes and procedures.
- Hold a full, valid UK driving licence (essential) ability to tow trailer (B+E) desirable
- Experience in grounds maintenance (desirable) and prior knowledge of working with Hedge trimmers, strimmer’s, mowers ETC (Full Lantra training will be provided)
- Hold a PA1 PA6 spraying Licence (desirable) Full training will be provided
- Are customer focused with the ability to communicate well with the public and members of a wider team.
- Have a working knowledge of mobile devices and work manager apps (desirable).
- Ability to work off your own initiative and also under instruction.
A full role profile can be obtained from email@example.com
What we are offering:-
A competitive salary, a colleague bonus scheme, a market leading contribution pension scheme, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, plus a variety of flexible benefits including buying and selling holidays and the opportunity for career development.
We do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. Any received we will assert ownership of the candidate and no fee will be payable.
We would encourage you to submit an early application as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early.