Would you like to join us on our journey? where striving for zero carbon isn’t just aspirational but a reality as part of our ‘Leading the North West to Zero Carbon’.
At Electricity North West, we thrive on being part of a customer focused team that likes to put their people first. We are committed to building our teams to represent the local communities we serve and promoting the importance of inclusivity at work. Our aim is to always encourage, support and develop our people to ensure everyone reaches their full potential.
We are currently recruiting an Integration Designer & Developer to join the team in Manchester. The Integration Designer/Developer is an essential role for moving Electricity North West towards an API and Services Economy model, as part of our journey of digital transformation of the organisation and implementation of a product line approach, aligned to business capabilities.
Being able to understand how our business domains disseminate into a set of APIs and Services via Domain Driven Design techniques is key to this role. Working alongside the Data and Integration Platform Manager and team colleagues, stakeholders’ requirements will need to be understood, as will our forward trajectory of developing a DevOps style model, including continuous delivery and improvement.
Experienced in working in a Hybrid environment the successful candidate will work to understand the best patterns to be adopted whilst ensuring critical applications can utilise a robust and flexible integration platform. As Integration Designer & Developer you will be responsible for implementing Integration services to deliver business benefit in-line with business stakeholders. Understanding the existing integration landscape to be able to provide assistance and recommendations on services that exist.
You will be accountable for designing and implementing integration patterns across the ENWL estate taking into considerations the criticality of the systems being integrated and be responsible for embedding a microservice mentality across the ENWL estate to ensure value can be delivered when ready and raising awareness of what services are available to ensure reusability of the services.
You will also be responsible for supporting more legacy “mode 1” portfolio of programmes and projects from data, API and integration perspective.
A full role profile is available from email@example.com
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A degree level qualification in a relevant discipline;
- Extensive knowledge of Java, Camel routes, Maven, SpringBoot, XML, JSON;
- Expertise knowledge of Kubernetes/Docker and Java integration pattern (essential) Openshift (desirable);
- Expertise in working with Integration, API’s, ESB’s and defining services. Experience of microservice frameworks is (essential);
- Experience in building Integration services in an Azure environment and implementing an API Management Gateway (desirable);
- Experience in analysing and translating business, information and technology requirements into an integration services and related artefacts;
- Experience of working on projects/issues of high complexity;
- Experience in delivering within an Agile team (Scrum, Kanban etc);
- Implemented Integration patterns that are used by Integration Developers in a multi-hybrid environment;
- Experience in helping to shape and influence an Integration and/or API Strategy;
- Experience working alongside 3rd party partners;
- Familiarity with the product management discipline and assisting in establishing this approach;
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Utilities experience (desirable.)
If successful in your application, we will require additional information in order to complete a number of pre-employment checks before the offer can become unconditional. Any unconditional offer of employment with Electricity North West is subject to satisfactory checks.