Would you like to join us on our journey? where striving for zero carbon isn’t just aspirational but a reality as part of our ‘Leading the North West to Zero Carbon’.
At Electricity North West, we thrive on being part of a customer focused team that likes to put their people first. We are committed to building our teams to represent the local communities we serve and promoting the importance of inclusivity at work. Our aim is to always encourage, support and develop our people to ensure everyone reaches their full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager and/or Senior Authorised Person to join the service delivery team based predominant in Teeside, North Yorkshire. We’re seeking individuals experienced in implementing, managing and commissioning on HV systems.
As the Project Manager and/or Senior Authorised Person you will have a sound working knowledge of the electrical industry, an understanding of commercial contracts, and a clear understanding of customer relationships.
You will need to demonstrate good commercial aptitude in playing a pivotal role in the delivery of projects, and must have a committed and flexible ‘can do’ attitude to undertaking a multi-functional project management role.
You will ensure all work is carried out in accordance with health, safety and environment legislation, and safeguard electrical safety ensuring that all our craftspeople, operational staff and sub-contractors working on the project(s) have the correct skills, competencies and authorisations to carry out allocated work safely.
You will be responsible for managing our Customer in terms of communication, relationship, variations, progress reporting and technical advice ensuring our Customer is delighted in everything we do. You will take ownership of and proactively seek resolution of all issues associated with work on the Customer’s network including optioneering, discussions and negotiations with the Customer.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Have significant engineering experience in the electricity distribution industry, with knowledge of HV electrical systems, components, plant and equipment and protection (essential)
- Are commercially aware with experience in controlling costs and contract variations;
- Proven experience in controlling commercial contract variations and project costs
- Ideally project management experience
- Hold a minimum of an HNC level qualification in Electrical Engineering (essential);
- Hold Senior Authorised Person, or have a working knowledge of Electricity Distribution Safety Rules (desirable)
- Hold a full, valid UK driving licence (essential).
- Have experience of managing and developing delivery teams;
A full role profile is available from email@example.com
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
The opportunity to work for a dynamic and innovative organisation. A competitive salary (depending on skills and experience) plus an attractive benefits package including car allowance, bonus scheme, 25 days annual leave, staff healthcare, contributory pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 14%, plus many areas for professional development.
If successful in your application, we will require additional information in order to complete a number of pre-employment checks before the offer can become unconditional. Any unconditional offer of employment with Electricity North West is subject to satisfactory checks.
We would encourage you to submit an early application as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early.