The IT Business Analyst will work with enterprise architects and product managers to align technology solutions with business strategies. The successful candidate will demonstrate an informed knowledge of the business to resolve problems on an ongoing basis and possesses expertise in the business capabilities and product lines they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organisation’s systems and capabilities.
As IT Business Analyst you will work closely with customers, IT business partners, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. You will be responsible for the detailed requirements gathering and functional specification for the development and enhancement of business capabilities and will develop functional specifications, produces deliverables related to the project(s) assigned and assists in post implementation support; system enhancements; supports establishment of best practice business analysis.
It will be your responsibility to assure functional specifications are in line with agreed standards and maturity and you will be responsible for contributing to the selection of appropriate modelling tools to design and describe systems and software and for gathering, compiling and synthesizing information with regard to business processes or systems.
You will translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organisation and manages changes to such specifications, developing user test cases and validates test results during user acceptance testing, updating documentation of processes, creating re-usable and shareable assets and undertake task analysis, interviewing colleagues and stakeholders, coordinating workshops and documenting feedback.
You will also support the production of project mandates and business cases, taking innovative suggestions and outputs from user communities, turn them into solutions
We are looking for someone who is agile, flexible, results focused and an excellent communicator.
For a full role profile, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent business analysis capabilities with strong experience in IT System;
- High degree of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an IT or business related subject (desirable);
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate IT concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences in a clear manner;
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills;
- Analytical thinker with attention to detail and methodical approach to work;
- Problem solving acumen and broader business change experience;
- Effective planning and organisational skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure;
- Good understanding and experience of delivery of collaboration capability, mobilisation and new technologies as a business enabler in a dynamic and agile manner;
- Significant experience in a Business Analysis environment with expert knowledge of Business Analysis techniques and tools with a full appreciation of when and where to use them e.g. group facilitation, process mapping, task analysis;
- IT & Business literate;
- Proven background of understanding business requirements and aligning them to IT solutions;
- Practical experience in delivering projects and/or programmes of work;
- Sound understanding of the IT business processes and the data and service requirements underpinning them (desirable.)
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
The chance to work for a dynamic and innovative organisation. A competitive salary, plus attractive benefits package including bonus scheme, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, private healthcare, contributory pension scheme and opportunity for professional training and development.