With the world changing and new and exciting technologies coming to life, it’s a fantastic time to come and join the energy industry. You will help us develop new ways of thinking, supporting us in being smarter in how we manage our network and how we keep the flow of electricity to our 5 million customers.
We are already using electric vehicles and trialling electric machinery on our journey to Net Zero carbon. Our teams are passionate about making a positive difference to the environment, finding innovative ways to tackle climate change and the increased demand for electricity. This is an exciting opportunity to come and join us on our journey to Net Zero carbon.
Do you like rolling your sleeves up and taking on a challenge? If you do, then this year we have Civil Technician apprenticeships available.
Civils Technician - There is a lot of variety in the civils engineering world and no day will be the same. Working as part of a team whether it be in the office utilising design briefs or out on site coming up with solutions to construction issues and getting involved in the planning of works. This can range from building a new substation or replacing equipment or maybe fixing damage to our substations. There will be lots of interaction with different teams and our customers to ensure the job is complete.
What’s in it for you?
Learn while you earn on our fully funded three-year Apprenticeship Programme. It’s a great opportunity to gain hands on experience, develop your skills and knowledge and power a great career with us.
As part of the programme you will;
- Study for a Level 3 Civil Engineering Technician Apprenticeship;
- Have a work-based mentor to support your development;
- Start on a salary of £12,699.44 per year and receive annual increases
- Holidays start at 23 days per year, rising to 26 days by the end of the programme plus 8 bank holidays per year;
- Have access to our colleague reward platform offering discounts on high street, retailers, leisure, travel and so much more;
- Gain membership to our pension scheme offering an employer contribution of up to 14%;
You will need the following skills and qualifications to start your career journey with us;
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English Language level 4 - 9 or A* - C;
- Enjoy working outdoors in all weathers;
- Working as part of a team;
- An interest in driving forward your career.