Would you like to join us on our journey? where striving for zero carbon isn’t just aspirational but a reality as part of our ‘Leading the North West to Zero Carbon’.
At Electricity North West, we thrive on being part of a customer focused team that likes to put their people first. We are committed to building our teams to represent the local communities we serve and promoting the importance of inclusivity at work. Our aim is to always encourage, support and develop our people to ensure everyone reaches their full potential.
We are currently recruiting an enthusiastic and driven individual to join the team in Preston as Asset Data Analyst.
This role will drive shareholder and customer value by developing and managing the asset model inventory and using analytical techniques to extract maximum value out of the data and modelling estate.
The Asset Data Analyst will provide analytical support to the investment programme, ensuring it outperforms its deliverables and targets. The successful candidate will assist with the development of the RIIO-ED2 (2023-2028) business plan and the use of data to identify improvements to business efficiency. They will support the scoping and development of potential enhancements to relevant systems & processes and the development of internal and external asset data reporting.
As Asset Data Analyst you will undertake data investigations and ad-hoc analytics on data on the corporate systems and external data sources including geospatial data, registers (such as lists of assets) and transactional data to support asset management activities. You will provide technical advice on the use of analytical techniques and existing data sources to support asset management activities and work on data and process improvement initiatives.
In addition, you will be responsible for identifying tactical and strategic improvement opportunities to extract more value from the data and modelling estate; and will be expected to keep abreast of wider developments in analytics and their potential applicability to the business.
For more information a full role profile is available from email@example.com
What we are offering
The opportunity to work for a dynamic and innovative organisation, that invests in its people and is on a journey to zero carbon.
A competitive salary (depending on skills and experience) plus an attractive benefits package including bonus scheme, 25 days annual leave, private healthcare, contributory pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 14%, plus many areas for professional development.
What we are looking for
- A degree or equivalent in a STEM subject;
- Be able to logically process and synthesise multiple data sources of varying accuracy;
- The ability to identify how analytical techniques used in other industries and contexts could bring benefits to Electricity North West;
- The ability to develop compelling business cases to introduce improved capabilities within Electricity North West Limited, working with third-party suppliers where appropriate;
- The ability to objectively critique supplier proposals in view of the benefits the proposal would bring to Electricity North West;
- Comfort with the use of technical software (such as MATLAB, R or Maple) and basic software scripting (such as Visual Basic for Applications (VBA and Python);
- Familiarity with database concepts such as tables, queries and relational databases, and have a working knowledge of SQL;
- Experienced in delivering against challenging timescales in a fast-paced environment;
- Highly proficient in the use of computer applications including MS Office;
- An excellent communicator;
- The ability to engage effectively with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong customer focus;
- An understanding of regulated network company businesses.
Knowledge of the following would be an advantage:
- Spatial analysis in SQL
If successful in your application, we will require additional information in order to complete a number of pre-employment checks before the offer can become unconditional. Any unconditional offer of employment with Electricity North West is subject to satisfactory checks.
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies. Any received we will assert ownership of the candidate and no fee will be payable.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early.