Would you like to join us on our journey? where striving for zero carbon isn’t just aspirational but a reality as part of our ‘Leading the North West to Zero Carbon’.
At Electricity North West, we thrive on being part of a customer focused team that likes to put their people first. We are committed to creating a sense of belonging for our colleagues and building teams that truly reflect the communities we serve. Our aim is to always encourage, support and develop our people to ensure everyone reaches their full potential.
We are looking for two experienced Voice & Data Engineers to join our It Team in Walkden.
The successful candidates will work in a team of highly skilled engineers and with supporting 3rd parties. This role will be responsible for the configuration, operation, maintenance and monitoring of Electricity North West corporate and operational voice & data networks, assets and services in line with all ENWL operating processes and procedures.
As Voice and Data Engineer you will be required to work alongside all technical teams including Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure, Apps and Telecoms as well as Cyber Security to ensure network security and operational integrity is maintained and to ensure that any new network services are integrated following relevant security standards and to IT best practice standards.
For more information, a full role profile is available from email@example.com
What’s in it for you?
The opportunity to work for a dynamic and innovative organisation, that invests in its people and is on a journey to zero carbon.
A competitive salary (depending on skills and experience) plus an attractive benefits package including car or cash allowance, bonus scheme, 25 days annual leave, private healthcare, contributory pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 14%, plus many areas for professional development.
This role covers the companies regional map and occasional travel to a number of our depots and offices will be required, however as we are championing hybrid working and this role offers a mix of both office and remote/home working.
What we are looking for
- A minimum of an HNC level qualification (or equivalent) in an IT Networking related subject;
- A professional Networking qualification (I.e. CCNP, CCIE etc.);
- Proven history and skills in (essential);
- Design, configuration, installation, commissioning, operations and management of enterprise or carrier data networks and security applications with a strong working knowledge of networking protocols & services (switching, routing, load balancers, MPLS, SD-WAN) within a mixed environment of Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, F5 products;
- Delivery and maintenance of networks supporting IP based Telephony solutions;
- Security technologies i.e. firewalls (Juniper/Cisco/Palo Alto), IDS, HSM;
- Ability to provide day to day network management utilising available SNMP management platform (Solarwinds) and command line tools across a varied product set;
- Demonstrable skills in Network Management systems support and service management;
- Experience in utilising management platforms for the creation of management reports against existing SLAs;
- A comprehensive knowledge of network security build and operations in line with externally recognised standards;
- Telephony skills in both analogue and IP telephony/UC including Mitel, Teams EV etc (desirable);
- Analytically minded with a structured approach to fault finding;
- Be an effective team player, with experience of working within a wider, multifunctional environment;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the ITIL IT service management methods, ideally with formal accreditation (desirable);
- Be familiar with creating, raising and executing changes within the ITIL model;
- Enable to work to, and improve, IT best practices, including writing & improving design/network/standards documentation then owning;
- An excellent written and verbal communicator;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills required for liaison at all levels in the business;
- Demonstrate good influencing skills to ensure optimum delivery of project work;
- Hold a full, valid UK driving licence (essential.)
If successful in your application, we will require additional information in order to complete a number of pre-employment checks before the offer can become unconditional. Any unconditional offer of employment with Electricity North West is subject to satisfactory checks.
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies. Any received we will assert ownership of the candidate and no fee will be payable.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early.