Would you relish the opportunity to work with vulnerable children and young people, make a real difference to their lives but unable to commit to a full time role?
Why not join our bank of support staff and pick up shifts to fit around your family/lifestyle/commitments?
We are looking for residential support workers to join our bank staff team. 'Professional parents’ who are nurturing and supportive, that can give our children, high levels of care and allow them to achieve amazing outcomes. The role is to promote and encourage independence and life skills for our young people, ensuring that their safety and wellbeing underpins every decision we make.
Esland are driven to changing children’s’ lives for the better by providing best-in-class specialist services. Esland are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold standard. We think that our people are the best in the industry - if you want to join us, there has never been a better time. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we would love to hear from you!
The role of a bank support worker will involve:
- Contributing to the young person’s care plans and risk assessments, their review and implementation.
- Forming effective relationships with young people, their families (if appropriate) and external agencies.
- To ensure the home is kept clean and in a tidy condition, adhere to the cleaning rota system, encouraging the young people to participate as appropriate.
- To ensure that good quality records are maintained as required with supervision and advice from shift and Managers.
- To maintain and promote residential care work to high levels of professionalism expected by Esland and Ofsted.
- To contribute to the educational and social development of each young person and assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programs.
- To meet the emotional and physical needs of our young people and maximize opportunities for their development.
What we are looking for from you:
- Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People or equivalent (desirable)
- Experience in a childcare setting (desirable) Personality and values more important to us!
- Passion to help nurture young people
- Full driving licence required due to home locations and taking the children out on activities/away from the home
- All candidates must be over the age of 21
- Enrolment onto the fully funded Level 3 Children and Young People’s Workforce qualification if joining Esland on a permanent basis
- Fantastic opportunities for career development, we want to “grow our own!”
- Access to our 'Refer a Friend’ scheme
- Monthly recognition awards
- Access to "Perkbox"
- Free parking at most locations
- The opportunity to make a real difference to a child's life!
Requirements for an Enhanced DBS and reference checking will be undertaken in line with government regulations and safer recruitment best practice.
All young people are equally entitled to have their needs met in a fair and balanced way. Esland employees are responsible for promoting equal opportunities for all and for challenging any behaviour or practice which discriminates against any young person or colleague on the grounds of race, religion, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, or any other perceived difference.