SOYL provide expert advice, services and support to growers wishing to use Precision Farming techniques to improve the economic, agronomic and environmental performance of their farm business.
The Mapping Team process GPS field data and create maps for customers. These maps enable growers to make informed management decisions regarding crops and fertiliser. Data is processed using mapping software and MS Office. . A Technical Assistant will possess exceptional attention to detail alongside outstanding customer service, to deliver our product to both internal and external customers.
An interest in or passion for agriculture and farming would be an advantage. Full technical training can be provided for the right candidate.
SOYL is a division of Frontier Agriculture Ltd.
- Precise processing of GPS data using in-house software, third party software and MS Office packages
- Accurate database entry and quality control of survey data
- Creation of soil nutrient reports and maps for customers
- Quality control of outgoing information to internal teams and customers
- Prioritisation and organisation of workload to meet deadlines
- Assisting the team leader in any other task
- Liaise with customers, area managers and field operatives where necessary via phone and/or email
- Monitor and resolve customer and sales team queries in a timely manner
Skills & Abilities
- Strong customer focus
- Proven attention to detail
- Effective and professional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent IT skills including Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of mapping systems and software preferable
- Flexible approach to work and managing changing priorities
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Salary exchange benefits including holiday purchase and Cycle to Work
- Free onsite parking
This is a full time (40 hours), permanent position.