Frontier is a successful and growing business. It is the largest crop production and grain marketing company in the UK, with over 1,000 employees and a turnover of more than £1.5 billion.
With a vision is to be the first choice partner for crop production and grain marketing, and the first choice employer in UK agriculture, Frontier is committed to delivering a culture where people are at the heart of success.
Our business approach is underpinned by our core values – Integrity, customer focus and expertise, these values support our whole philosophy and ways of working,
Award winning for our commitment to people, we have been recognised by Great Place to Work since 2012 and we are proud to have been ranked in the top 30 UK best large places to work.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join the Finance Team at Frontier in a full time, permanent position based out of our Witham St Hughs office, with some opportunities for flexible working.
This role will be responsible for the accounting and reporting of four Group business divisions within Frontier, together with contributing to wider finance team projects and goals.
Core responsibilities will include:
Divisional Accounting & Reporting
- Accounting and reporting of four business divisions. To include monthly P&L reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, annual budgeting and forecasting processes, financial support to local commercial management on business initiatives and any ad-hoc business requirements.
- To play the lead finance role in a key Open Book relationship, ensuring that the Company meets its obligations and to develop understandings to the benefit of both parties.
- To contribute to the preparation of Frontier’s annual statutory accounts, working with the Group reporting team members
- Drive continuous improvement/efficiencies within Financial control environment, by challenging processes and implementing identified improvements.
- Work closely with the commercial and admin functions to ensure relevant internal/external reporting and compliance requirements are met.
General Financial Support
- Become a reliable business partner to the commercial management teams, providing solid financial support to help attain strategic, commercial and operational goals
- Developing accounting controls and reporting of the Company’s foreign exchange exposure
- Play a role in Management Accounts team projects, such as identification and improvements to team efficiencies, and duties including stock takes & payment approvals.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) with a good level of working experience in accounting is essential
- Experience of mark to market accounting, foreign currency transactions and exposures would be advantageous
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel where intermediate/advanced skills are preferable
- Large company experience beneficial
Skills & Abilities
- Possess a confident and professional manner with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working with all levels of management
- The ability to build strong working relationships with all levels across the business
- Strong team player, with the ability to get the best out of the whole team
- The ability to produce accurate work with an eye for detail, and see the bigger picture
- Adaptable to the demands of growing and diverse businesses
- The ability to pick up concepts and processes quickly
- Self-motivated and capable of working on/driving own initiative as well as part of a team.
Attitudes & Values
- Focused on using skills, training and experience to the benefit of the businesses, team and customer
- Working to put the customer at the heart of everything we do
- Focused on doing the right thing for customers, colleagues and ourselves
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated and tenacious in driving change
- Flexible approach to work and managing changing priorities
- An effective team player/leader, taking a share of team responsibilities and being supportive of others
- Promoting equality and diversity through attitude and behaviour
Why work for Frontier?
At Frontier, we believe in rewarding our people for a job well done. As an employee you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Plan of up to 7%
- Salary Exchange Benefits (Holiday Purchase, Cycle to Work)
- Employee Discounts Programme
- Life Assurance of 3x Salary
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Parking on site
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Our business approach is underpinned by our core values – Integrity, customer focus and expertise. These values support our whole philosophy and ways of working and we are always looking to attract talented individuals with either industry knowledge or specialist skills that will help us deliver consistently to these values.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Frontier we have a clear commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity encouraging fairness and equality of treatment for all and as such we would encourage applications from backgrounds outside the agriculture sector.
We recognise the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to introduce fresh ideas and contribute to the business goals.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment, inclusive employment policies and flexible working arrangements are in place to support this.