We are currently looking to recruit a HGV Driver on a zero hours contract at our Witham St Hughs site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for moving grain from farms, animal feed onto farms and also salt and stone from other customers across the UK.
As our drivers are a key point of contact with our customers, they are crucial to the success of the business. The ideal candidate will adopt a customer-focused approach, taking responsibility and using their initiative to ensure they operate efficiently and represent the company at a high standard. Full training will be given in all aspects of the job.
- To maximise the payload using electronic weighing equipment on fleet vehicles
- To safely tip and discharge load at scheduled delivery point
- To complete local loads, collect and deliver product into stores and processing plants
- The completion of distance work as per the requests of the transport schedulers
- To ensure a professional image is maintained at all times when representing Frontier Agriculture
- To complete and achieve the required standard of driver training
- To spend nights out, where necessary, often at short notice sleeping in the vehicle supplied
- To comply with the highway code and Freight Transport Association and Company guidelines
- To ensure that the shortest and quickest route is taken wherever possible to maximise vehicle efficiency
- To ensure delivery vehicle are kept clean and tidy both internally and externally on a regular basis
- To sweep out vehicle between loads to ensure there is no product contamination
- To report any vehicles defects to the Transport team immediately
- To ensure that daily checks are carried out and routine vehicle inspection forms are completed
- Excellent communication skills
- Full driving licence
- Class 1 HGV Licence
- Driver CPC Training
This is a zero hours contract. The successful candidate will be utilised to provide cover for the full time fleet at Frontier.