We are currently recruiting for a HR Business Partner based in the North who will proactively lead, support and add value in delivering a visible and effective people service across our Northern and Scottish sites. No experience in our sector is necessary as we recognise the value of a workforce from diverse backgrounds and we welcome applications from candidates who have a comprehensive HR background who are able to build strong relationships and deliver an excellent HR service with their stakeholders. This role sits within a well-established HR team supporting collaborative commercial and operational colleagues and reports to the Deputy Head of Human Resources.
- Comfortable to work flexibly from home/office with some travel to Frontier sites for essential value add face to face meetings when required
- As an established HR Business Partner, you will have experience in a multi-site role working closely with both senior and first line managers delivering the people strategy and plans to enable attainment of our business goals
- You will be organised, enjoy working at pace and be a natural communicator
- You will be comfortable combining your HR expertise with commercial and operational judgement to support business leaders with solutions
- We are a fast-moving business so our business priorities and customer needs can change rapidly so you will be able to adapt quickly and successfully with the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining Frontiers values of Integrity, customer focus and expertise
- You will thrive on managing a number of priorities at the same time
- You will be comfortable with a high volume of work whilst not compromising quality standards
- You will be comfortable with and relish ambiguous situations that require your judgement and provide a range of practical solutions in line with business needs and legal obligations
- You will have a focus on recruiting external talent and be able to identify how best to support people at different levels in the business
- You will actively promote equality and diversity in all interactions through your positive attitude and behaviours
- You will be minimum CIPD level 5 qualified and actively progressing towards your level 7
- You will be technically capable on key HR disciplines with a strong grasp of employment and recruitment law and be able to support colleagues in all HR related matters
The role – Key responsibilities
- Support the successful delivery of the HR strategy across your sites and through your team
- Be aware of all employee relations issues arising within your sites and support managers in the most effective, consistent and timely implementation of company and all ER processes
- Ensure a fair and consistent recruitment process is delivered ensuring a focus is maintained on diversity and consistency of decisions at all times
- Ensure performance and learning and development activities are understood, embedded and delivered within regional management teams
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with other departments to support business goals
- Comfortable and adept at using people data to provide a rationale for decisions and investments including extracting and working with HR data sets eg. Turnover, overtime, performance (an understanding of SAP or equivalent HR IT systems would be an advantage)
- Work as part of a cross functional team to develop HR practices and processes across the business in our ever-changing environment and to provide balanced and fair solutions to our customers
- Be aware of all indicators of employee experience and champion culture audits and employee engagement activity across your sites
- Ensure mental health and wellbeing is high on the agenda across your sites and employees feel it is taken seriously and an open discussion topic
Why work for Frontier?
At Frontier, we believe in rewarding our people for a job well done. As an employee you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Plan of up to 7%
- Salary Exchange Benefits (Holiday Purchase, Cycle to Work)
- Employee Discounts Programme
- Life Assurance of 3x Salary
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Frontier is the largest crop production and grain marketing company in the UK, with over 1,000 employees, a turnover of more than £1.5 billion and ambitious growth plans for the future.
Our vision is to be the first-choice partner for crop production and grain marketing within the UK agriculture industry and the employer of choice for anybody already working in our industry, but also those looking to join and bring their skills from elsewhere.
At Frontier, people really are at the heart of our success. We’ve created a culture which supports everybody’s individual ambitions, both inside and outside of work, and we take an active involvement in our communities. We want everybody to be proud of what we do and share in our success.
Our commitment to our people is the foundation of our award-winning culture and our efforts haven’t gone unnoticed. We’ve been recognised by Great Place to Work since 2012 and awarded an Excellence in Wellbeing status. We’re also extremely proud to have been ranked in the top 30 UK best large places to work.
Our business approach is underpinned by our core values – Integrity, customer focus and expertise. These values support our whole philosophy and ways of working and we are always looking to attract talented individuals with either industry knowledge or specialist skills that will help us deliver consistently to these values.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Frontier we have a clear commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity encouraging fairness and equality of treatment for all and as such we would encourage applications from backgrounds outside the agriculture sector.
We recognise the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to introduce fresh ideas and contribute to the business goals.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment, inclusive employment policies and flexible working arrangements are in place to support this.