Frontier is a successful and growing business. It is the largest crop production and grain marketing company in the UK, with over 1,000 employees and a turnover of more than £1.5 billion.
With a vision is to be the first choice partner for crop production and grain marketing, and the first choice employer in UK agriculture, Frontier is committed to delivering a culture where people are at the heart of success.
Our business approach is underpinned by our core values – Integrity, customer focus and expertise, these values support our whole philosophy and ways of working,
Award winning for our commitment to people, we have been recognised by Great Place to Work since 2012 and we are proud to have been ranked in the top 30 UK best large places to work.
An opportunity has arisen to join our team in Market Drayton on a permanent full-time basis. The successful candidate will work both in our warehouses and deliver commodities to customers during peak periods whilst upholding Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
The ideal candidate will adopt a customer-focused approach, taking responsibility and using their initiative to ensure they operate efficiently and represent the company at a high standard. Applicants require a Full Driving licence. A current ADR and a forklift licence are desirable; however training can be arranged for the right candidate. Knowledge of the local area would also be desirable.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain and comply with health and safety standards
- To liaise with the Crop Protection Storekeeper on distribution
- The transportation of product from the crop protection & seed store and delivery to customer premises
- To prepare loads for despatch
- To plan efficient and cost effective routes to deliver product within agreed timescales
- To operate the site forklift in the correct manner
- Out loading of bagged seed onto customer vehicles
- To communicate with stores person regarding stock movements and packaging problems
- Ensure accurate paperwork is completed where required
- Assist in site maintenance of buildings when required
- Maintain the cleanliness of the delivery vehicle
- Report any defects to company vehicle immediately to the Crop Protection Storekeeper.
- Ensure compliance with the drivers manual when handling distribution operations
- Ensure the safe disposal of waste spillage debris promptly.
- Assist and manage both the Crop Protection store and bagged seed store as required
- Assist with other activities on site as required
- Full driving licence, current ADR and Forklift licence, training may be given to the right candidate
- The ability to work collaboratively with others and to work independently without supervision
- Excellent organisational skills, including prioritising workloads, meeting deadlines and managing a varied workload in a busy environment
- The ability to evaluate problems and take corrective action in response to changes in customer requirements
- A flexible approach to working additional hours in peak periods
- Seasonal Saturday and Bank Holiday working will be required
Why work for Frontier?
At Frontier, we believe in rewarding our people for a job well done. As an employee you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Plan of up to 7%
- Salary Exchange Benefits (Holiday Purchase, Cycle to Work)
- Employee Discounts Programme
- Life Assurance of 3x Salary
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Parking on site
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Our business approach is underpinned by our core values – Integrity, customer focus and expertise. These values support our whole philosophy and ways of working and we are always looking to attract talented individuals with either industry knowledge or specialist skills that will help us deliver consistently to these values.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Frontier we have a clear commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity encouraging fairness and equality of treatment for all and as such we would encourage applications from backgrounds outside the agriculture sector.
We recognise the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to introduce fresh ideas and contribute to the business goals.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment, inclusive employment policies and flexible working arrangements are in place to support this.