Frontier is a successful and growing business. It is the largest crop production and grain marketing company in the UK, with over 1,000 employees and a turnover of more than £1.5 billion.
With a vision to be the first-choice partner for crop production and grain marketing, and the first choice employer in UK agriculture, Frontier is committed to delivering a culture where people are at the heart of success.
Our business approach is underpinned by our core values – Integrity, customer focus and expertise, these values support our whole philosophy and ways of working,
Award winning for our commitment to people, we have been recognised by Great Place to Work since 2012 and we are proud to have been ranked in the top 30 UK best large places to work.
An opportunity has arisen to join our team as a Quality Assurance Business Partner in Diss/Homebased, on a permanent full-time basis. The successful candidate will assist the commercial grain trading function of the business to maintain its Quality assurance certification together with ensuring compliance and verification to food and feed safety standards. This will be performed by managing the supplier approval system process, auditing, training, liaising with consumers on terms and conditions and performance and ensuring the Quality Assurance procedures are maintained.
- Internal Auditors qualification (IRCA approved) is highly desirable
- Proven experience of working within an auditing role
- A second language is highly desirable
- HACCP Level 2 high desirable
- Food / Feed Safety experience high desirable
- Focused on using skills, training, and experience to the benefit of the QA team
- Focused on doing the right thing for customers, colleagues, and ourselves
- Excellent IT skills, including TEAMS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the Internet
- Proven Database Management skills
- Ability to communicate at every level
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Proven attention to detail
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, making decisions, managing own workload and time, whilst developing effective and supportive relationships with colleagues
- Ability to deal confidently with a wide range of people in difficult circumstances
- Self-motivated and tenacious
- Flexible approach to work and managing changing priorities
- An effective team player
- Solution focused
The role – Key responsibilities
- To produce a schedule and conduct internal audits for Domestic, Shipping and Import team
- To complete audit reports, implement, monitor, and follow up corrective actions where required
- To log and maintain audits on the internal quality systems database
- To inspect raw material suppliers and third-party port/store facilities
- Liase with External certification bodies representing import and shipping dept
- Be involved with Commodity Traders Management meetings to represent QA
- Collate Import customer Terms and Conditions, review as required and ensure implemented
- To keep UpToDate to changes to legislation and communicate to commercial colleagues as required
- Write/update and implement procedures in line with current certification requirements
- Maintain the Import and Shipping HACCP, and the commodity specific HACCPs with review and maintenance
- To preapprove Import commodity suppliers
- Monitor Import suppliers based on performance and traceability
- Monitor load and discharge superintendent reports /non-conformances and audit as required.
- Liase with Maizecor on raw material data and performance review
- Liase with suppliers on different varieties, and trials sites
- Deliver training on certification requirements
- Promote, encourage, educate the use of Q pulse
Why work for Frontier?
At Frontier, we believe in rewarding our people for a job well done. As an employee you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension plan of up to 7%
- Salary Exchange Benefits (Holiday Purchase, Cycle to Work)
- Employee Discounts Programme
- Life Assurance of 3x Salary
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Parking on site
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Our business approach is underpinned by our core values – Integrity, customer focus and expertise. These values support our whole philosophy and ways of working and we are always looking to attract talented individuals with either industry knowledge or specialist skills that will help us deliver consistently to these values.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Frontier we have a clear commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity encouraging fairness and equality of treatment for all and as such we would encourage applications from backgrounds outside the agriculture sector.
We recognise the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to introduce fresh ideas and contribute to the business goals.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment, inclusive employment policies and flexible working arrangements are in place to support this.