Frontier is a successful and growing business. It is the largest crop production and grain marketing company in the UK, with over 1,000 employees and a turnover of more than £1.5 billion.
With a vision to be the first-choice partner for crop production and grain marketing, and the first-choice employer in UK agriculture, Frontier is committed to delivering a culture where people are at the heart of success.
Our business approach is underpinned by our core values – Integrity, customer focus and expertise, these values support our whole philosophy and ways of working,
Award winning for our commitment to people, we have been recognised by Great Place to Work since 2012 and we are proud to have been ranked in the top 30 UK best large places to work.
B.C.W (Agriculture) was established in 1991 and is a subsidiary of Frontier Agriculture Ltd. From our head office in Market Drayton, Shropshire, we provide specialist advice and services on crop production and farm animal health and are suppliers of seed to farmers in Cheshire, Shropshire, Powys, Staffordshire, North Herefordshire and Wales.
An opportunity has arisen for a Sales Assistant to join our team in Market Drayton, on a permanent part-time basis. The ideal candidate will possess excellent customer service skills & a strong attention to detail. The working hours will be a minimum of 25 hours per week.
The role – Key responsibilities
- Serving Customers
- To process & resolve any queries with sales orders
- Picking Orders
- Raising and receiving purchase orders
- To resolve customer queries
- Providing administrative support as required
- Ensure accurate paperwork is completed where required
- Hand all paperwork to the appropriate person as required
- Covering other Departments
- Assist with other activities on the Market Drayton site as directed
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work well as part of a small team
- Able to cope under pressure and work towards deadlines
- Effective IT skills, including Microsoft Office
- SQP Qualified (desirable but not essential)
- Forklift Truck License (desirable but training will be given)
- A flexible approach to working hours specifically in peak periods
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work co-operatively with others and independently at times without supervision
Why work for Frontier?
At Frontier, we believe in rewarding our people for a job well done. As an employee you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Plan of up to 7%
- Salary Exchange Benefits (Holiday Purchase, Cycle to Work)
- Employee Discounts Programme
- Life Assurance of 3x Salary
- 25 Days Holiday (Pro-rated for Part time hours)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free Parking on site
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Our business approach is underpinned by our core values – Integrity, customer focus and expertise. These values support our whole philosophy and ways of working and we are always looking to attract talented individuals with either industry knowledge or specialist skills that will help us deliver consistently to these values.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Frontier we have a clear commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity encouraging fairness and equality of treatment for all and as such we would encourage applications from backgrounds outside the agriculture sector.
We recognise the value of a workforce in which people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to introduce fresh ideas and contribute to the business goals.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment, inclusive employment policies and flexible working arrangements are in place to support this.