This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for the Internal Systems Auditor and the range of duties to be undertaken.
It does not attempt to detail every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals.
The Internal Systems Auditor will be responsible for:
- Preparing an Internal Audit Schedule compatible with the IMS Manager’s audit requirements thus ensuring the business is compliant with internal audit requirements of various standards and accreditations that the business holds.
- Communicating effectively with senior and middle managers throughout the business regarding the internal audit schedule, audit arrangements and timely close out of NCs.
- Conducting internal audits in accordance with the internal ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 audit plan; at the most appropriate locations.
- Preparing audit reports as an outcome of internal audits and publishing these in a timely manner.
- Following up on actions identified as requirements in the audit reports referred to above.
- Elevating matters to senior management via the IMS Manager where close-out is not happening in a timely manner.
- Highlighting to senior management any specific, major threats to the business that arise from the internal audit process.
- Helping the business address areas for improvement identified during audits. This will include but not be limited to drafting procedures, processes and forms that will form part of the Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Share best management practices and progress common actions and improvements across departments.
- On-the-job training and mentoring of staff members in order to develop their internal audit skills and competencies and related best practices.
- Advising and contributing towards the development of Management Systems related to the IMS
- Accompanying 3rd Party Auditors during surveillance and certification visits.