The Buyer is responsible for the following:
•Prepare & issue tender enquiries
•Liaise with vendors to return their quotations/submissions
•Periodically review projects with Project Manager / Senior Contracts Manager / Contracts Director
•Procuring Agency Labour and External Plant Hire in line with procurement schedule
•Work as a key member of the Commercial Department
•File emails, tender enquiries and quotations within O365
•Produce comparison sheets for supply only items
•Take part in and deliver a Safety Culture with the entire site team
•Undertake day to day material procurement for sites, including but not limited to: ordering site consumables, signs, office equipment, in addition to procuring materials for major packages.
•Liaise with Site personnel to fulfil their requirements.
•Provide input to Project debrief.
• Obtain new company details, including financial and insurance documentation, complete internal forms and issue to the relevant department(s).
• Ensure data management systems are kept up to date.
• Maintain up-to-date central electronic filing records of all relevant documentation.
• Offer support to other office-based staff when possible or required.
• Attend staff meetings as required
• Introduce improvements where appropriate to areas of responsibility.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for the Fit Out Buyer and the range of duties to be undertaken. It does not attempt to detail every activity. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals. This position is based in Hillsborough, Northern Ireland.