Where to find us
Be all you can be with Hamberley
The award-winning Hamberley Care Group is changing the way that elderly care is delivered through our luxury homes across the UK. Fast-growing and innovative, we’re opening three new homes in 2023. Recognised for our exceptional approach to care, we were chosen as Residential Care Provider of the Year in 2019 and 2022.
At Hamberley, we believe that our residents deserve something ‘Extra Special, Every Day’. We're seeking a Sous Chef to help us achieve our goals.
We offer our colleagues:
- Generous, above-market rate pay for our Kitchen Staff
- Contracted hours - part and full-time available
- Shifts work - Working alternate weekends
- Enhanced overtime rates
- Workplace pension
- Comprehensive and further development opportunities
- Opportunities for Career progression
- Refer a Friend Bonus - up to £750 per referral *T&Cs Apply
Could you be part of our team?
Supporting the head chef in the planning and provision of high-quality meals that meet the nutritional and dietary requirements of our Residents Deputise for the head chef on occasions as required.
Primary responsibilities of the Sous Chef
- To ensure all food prepared meets Food Hygiene Standards and ensure that safe methods of work are always used.
- Be aware of the legal requirements of health and safety legislation.
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment, work areas and other facilities are maintained and operate to the standards required by Statutory Bodies, Local Authority, Health and Safety, Food Hygiene regulations and Company policies. Reporting of any defects.
- To attend and participate in training as required. Ensure that safe methods of work are used at all times on your watch and no unauthorised persons cleans or operates any dangerous machinery.
- To implement and follow agreed processes to manage all stocks and ordering. Compliance to agreed rotation and food labelling systems. Maintain food hygiene, temperature records on your watch and assist with the ordering and administration of the catering function.
- Show courtesy and respect to residents and their relatives at all times. To attend and participate in employee and relatives’ meetings as and when required in the absence of line manager.
- To deputise for head chef during periods of absence and maintain high quality food offer at all times
Join us at Verwoods most stunning care home
Verwood House is a luxurious care home in Verwood part of the award-winning Hamberley Care Homes – offering luxury care homes in beautiful locations throughout the UK. Residents live in spacious, stylish ensuite rooms, and enjoy beautifully furnished shared spaces and landscaped gardens. From the deluxe picture house – where we screen classic films – to the on-site luxury spa – offering hairdressing, manicures and relaxing therapies – everything has been designed and finished with the care and attention you would expect from a 5-star hotel.
We respect and value our residents and each other. At Hamberley Care Homes, we believe in the importance of what we do and why we do it. Creative and empowered, our people see every day as an opportunity for growth and development. We make ideas happen. Together we can achieve anything. Be part of it!