Where to find us
Make a difference every time you come to work
We at Hamberley Care Homes believe that our residents deserve something 'Extra Special, Every Day'. If you're enthusiastic, highly motivated and organised, and you're looking for a role where you can help people enjoy every day, this could be the opportunity for you.
Our Activities Coordinators - known as Wellbeing and Lifestyle Coaches – ensure our residents get the most out of life through vibrant social, wellbeing, and lifestyle activities. Outgoing, energetic and passionate about making a difference, your attitude, ideas, and can-do personality will shape how our residents spend their days.
We offer our Activities Coordinators (Wellbeing and Lifestyle Coaches):
- Comprehensive induction and shadow shifts, with weekly meetings with fellow Wellbeing and Lifestyle Coaches led by the Head of Therapy and Development
- NAPA membership with access to activity resources
- Specialist training, education and professional development through NAPA
- Support Training through Validium to enable you to support colleagues with their own wellbeing
- Attendance at the NAPA Annual Conference
- Contracted full-time hours
- Workplace pension
What you'll do as a Wellbeing and Lifestyle Coach
As the Wellbeing and Lifestyle Coach for Chawley Grove Care Home, you'll be the person that residents, families, and colleagues know as the one who makes things happen.
Whilst you'll be developing and organising enrichment and wellbeing activities on a weekly and monthly schedule for our community, you'll also get to know our residents and find out what makes them happy as individuals. You'll learn about people's hobbies and interests and work with colleagues and families to ensure residents can keep doing what they love.
Everyone is different, so at Hamberley, we work hard to ensure that people can participate in fun and meaningful activities, whatever their interests or physical and mental abilities. One day, you might arrange a trip to enjoy ice creams at the seaside, lunch at the pub, or a birthday celebration with family with mini-golf in the garden.
You'll also support colleagues with their own wellbeing and lead and inspire the home to understand the importance of being part of a positive and creative living environment.
Could you be part of our team?
In charge of organising your own schedule, the ideal Wellbeing and Lifestyle Coach has:
- Excellent communication skills, passion, empathy, and a desire to make people's lives more enjoyable, rewarding and fun
- Excellent organisational skills, leadership experience and the ability to motivate yourself
- A good interest in the local area and keen knowledge of community groups, as our residents enjoy days out and attending and organising events
- Previous experience of working or caring for people within a residential care setting or similar transferable skills
- Good verbal and written communication, as you'll be responsible for care planning and activity engagement documentation
- Evidence of leadership skills and experience in inspiring a team
- Microsoft IT skills are essential; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams
Join us at Oxford's most stunning care home
Chawley Grove is a luxurious care home in Oxford, part of the award-winning Hamberley Care Homes – offering luxury care homes in beautiful locations throughout the UK. Residents live in spacious, stylish ensuite rooms, and enjoy beautifully furnished shared spaces and landscaped gardens. From the deluxe picture house – where we screen classic films – to the on-site luxury spa – offering hairdressing, manicures and relaxing therapies – everything has been designed and finished with the care and attention you would expect from a 5-star hotel.
We respect and value our residents and each other. At Hamberley Care Homes, we believe in the importance of what we do and why we do it. Creative and empowered, our people see every day as an opportunity for growth and development. We make ideas happen. Together we can achieve anything. Be part of it!
The award-winning Hamberley Care Group is changing the way that elderly care is delivered through our luxury homes across the UK. Fast-growing and innovative, we’re opening three new homes in 2023. Recognised for our exceptional approach to care, we were chosen as Residential Care Provider of the Year in 2019 and 2022.