Where to find us
Be all you can be with Hamberley
The award-winning Hamberley Care Group is changing the way that elderly care is delivered through our luxury homes across the UK. Fast-growing and innovative, we’re opening three new homes in 2023. Recognised for our exceptional approach to care, we were chosen as Residential Care Provider of the Year in 2019 and 2022.
At Hamberley, we believe that our residents deserve something ‘Extra Special, Every Day’. We're seeking a Kitchen Assistant to help us achieve our goals.
We offer our colleagues:
- Generous, above-market rate pay for our Kitchen Staff
- Contracted hours - part and full-time available
- Shifts work - Working alternate weekends
- Enhanced overtime rates
- Workplace pension
- Comprehensive and further development opportunities
- Opportunities for Career progression
- Refer a Friend Bonus - up to £750 per referral *T&Cs Apply
Could you be part of our team?
Supporting the Chefs in the planning and provision of high-quality meals that meet the nutritional and dietary requirements of our Residents. To take responsibility for day to day cleaning tasks and general cleanliness of the kitchen on a daily basis.
Primary responsibilities of the Kitchen Assistant
- To ensure all food prepared meets Food Hygiene Standards and ensure that safe methods of work are always used. Be aware of the legal requirements of health and safety legislation, including, but not limited to; the requirements of Food Safety Act 1990, Food Premises Regulations 1991, Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995 and Food Safety (Temperature Control) Regulations 1995
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment, work areas and other facilities are maintained and operate to the standards required by Statutory Bodies, Local Authority, Health and Safety, Food Hygiene regulations and Company policies reporting of any defects
- To attend and participate in training as required. Ensure that safe methods of work are used at all times on your watch and no unauthorised persons cleans or operates any dangerous machinery
- Manage all stocks and stores ensuring all food is correctly marked and stock rotation systems are in place. To maintain accurate records to satisfy food hygiene requirement for example fridge temperature checks etc
- Show courtesy and respect to residents and their relatives at all times.
- To ensure that the kitchen cleaning rota is adhered to at all times and to take responsibility for day to day cleaning tasks including washing up, ensuring that all kitchen equipment and utensils are cleaned and stored to the required standards
Join us at Bristols most stunning care home
Lovell Place is a luxurious care home in Bristol part of the award-winning Hamberley Care Homes – offering luxury care homes in beautiful locations throughout the UK. Residents live in spacious, stylish ensuite rooms, and enjoy beautifully furnished shared spaces and landscaped gardens. From the deluxe picture house – where we screen classic films – to the on-site luxury spa – offering hairdressing, manicures and relaxing therapies – everything has been designed and finished with the care and attention you would expect from a 5-star hotel.
We respect and value our residents and each other. At Hamberley Care Homes, we believe in the importance of what we do and why we do it. Creative and empowered, our people see every day as an opportunity for growth and development. We make ideas happen. Together we can achieve anything. Be part of it!