Where to find us
Be all you can be with Hamberley
The award-winning Hamberley Care Group is changing the way that elderly care is delivered through our luxury homes across the UK. Fast-growing and innovative, we’re opening three new homes in 2023. Recognised for our exceptional approach to care, we were chosen as Residential Care Provider of the Year in 2019 and 2022.
At Hamberley, we believe that our residents deserve something ‘Extra Special, Every Day’. We're seeking a Head Chef to help us achieve our goals.
We offer our colleagues:
- Competitive starting salary
- Workplace pension
- Comprehensive and further learning opportunities
- Opportunities for Career progression
- Refer a Friend Bonus - up to £750 per referral *T&Cs Apply
Could you be part of our team?
Responsible for the planning and provision of high-quality meals that meet the nutritional and dietary requirements of our residents, you will coordinate the catering rotas and manage ordering within agreed budgetary guidelines.
Primary responsibilities of the Head Chef
- To ensure all food prepared meets Food Hygiene Standards and ensure that safe methods of work are always used. Be aware of the legal requirements of Health and Safety legislation, including, but not limited to; the requirements of Food Safety Act 1990, Food Premises Regulations 1991, Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995 and Food Safety (Temperature Control) Regulations 1995
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment, work areas and other facilities are maintained and operate to the standards required by Statutory Bodies, Local Authority, Health and Safety, Food Hygiene regulations and Company policies
- To assist in the recruitment and training of catering employees and assist in their development. Ensure that all mandatory training is completed and identify additional training as and when required. Ensure that safe methods of work are used at all times and no unauthorised persons cleans or operates any dangerous machinery
- To manage all stocks and ordering ensuring all food is correctly marked and rotation systems are in place to comply with Food Hygiene regulations and Company Policies. Maintain records, stocktaking as required and budgetary controls
- To regularly audit Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and HACCP checks ensuring all documentation is completed for due diligence and inspection by internal and external authorities. Complete any actions required in a timely fashion
- Show courtesy and respect to residents and their relatives at all times through regular contact and actively encouraging feedback. Work with the clinical team to provide support and advice whenever and as often as is required. Menu planning and creation in line with demand, feedback and clinical advice
Join us at Pooles most stunning care home
Upton Manor is a luxurious care home in Poole, part of the award-winning Hamberley Care Homes – offering luxury care homes in beautiful locations throughout the UK. Residents live in spacious, stylish ensuite rooms, and enjoy beautifully furnished shared spaces and landscaped gardens. From the deluxe picture house – where we screen classic films – to the on-site luxury spa – offering hairdressing, manicures and relaxing therapies – everything has been designed and finished with the care and attention you would expect from a 5-star hotel.
We respect and value our residents and each other. At Hamberley Care Homes, we believe in the importance of what we do and why we do it. Creative and empowered, our people see every day as an opportunity for growth and development. We make ideas happen. Together we can achieve anything. Be part of it!