To support both SIT / Regression team activity and in-sprint test activity to the agreed standard, working under the guidance of Lead Test Engineers to
achieve test team goals. To share experience in test methods, tools and techniques to enable their progression into more complex programmes or into
standalone specialisms. To contribute to the creation of re-usable test assets that both demonstrate the current state of the products under test and can be used to ascertain the status of future versions of the products under test.
To promote the test function and to maintain a positive representation of company decisions. To mentor more junior team members and to help build a
technically diverse team.
Will gain an in-depth understanding of Hermes parcel life-cycle (physical and logical). Will maintain test team standards and processes and promote a
positive view of the test function.
Whilst no direct line management duties are expected, the role holder will be expected to have basic people administration and management experience to a level that they can provide cover for Lead Testers should the need / opportunity arise.
- Contributes to evolution of the products and services they support from small change up to strategic projects.
- Works within a delivery team and is empowered to make decisions which may influence the success of projects and team objectives.
- They are able to exercise substantial personal responsibility and are able to plan their own work to meet objectives.
- Has responsibility for the allocation of work and mentoring of less senior team members.
- Is able to influences project stakeholders, customers, suppliers and peers to assure the quality of the work they deliver.
- Can work on a broad range of complex technical activities and is able to investigate and resolve complex issues.
- Can select appropriate tools and techniques to achieve their goals and is able to document and communicate this effectively.
- Quick to learn and able to apply teaching in a way that delivers immediate business benefit.
- Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and takes responsibility for driving their own development.
- Carries out such tasks as directed to meet the needs of the business.
Technical skills and knowledge requirements
Minimum 4 years test experience in similar complexity test roles ISTQB or ISEB certified
Frequent interaction with:
- XML Structures
- API calls
- Hands-on JIRA experience for transitioning user stories to completion
- Ability to follow pre-authored regression scripts and to report accurately on the outcomes of these tests
- Some experience of basic database interrogation
- Reasonable experience in MS Excel
Additional requirements for automation specific roles
Minimum 4 years hands-on automation experience using programmatic automation (rather than pure record and playback).
Frequent use of:
- S3 Buckets
- Selenium Web Driver
- Translation of gherkin into Cucumber
- Building of test frameworks
- Rabbit MQ