As a business, Hermes is driven by our four values of Do the right thing, Dare to be different, Strive for more and Be Customer Obsessed. We run our business by these values and they are reflected in all of our roles.
Working out of one of our largest Depots in Weybridge, the role of our Depot Transport Planner – London South is to produce daily transport plans for the depot transport execution teams to resource and operate against. You’ll be responsible for amending the transport plans through direct communication with the depots.
About the Role:
Our Depot Transport Planner – London South position is an important role in our planning and operations department. You will report in to one of two Transport Planning Leads, where you will become the expert link between the depots within your area and therefore one of the key links between our six national areas.
This is an area role and there will be travel between our Gatwick, Maidstone, Southampton and Weybridge Depots with the expectation of each depot visited at least once a week. Some weekend working may be required as flexibility is required in this role. There will also be regular travel to our Rugby Hub for meetings and training with the wider Depot Transport Planning team.
You will create plans with Paragon routing software, based on data provided by the depots on their volumes so that Hermes can ensure appropriate Driver and Labour resource is available to meet business requirements. It will also be your responsibility to challenge the depots, appropriately, on their operational and planning performance. You must be able to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of stakeholders whilst ensuring that we deliver the best plan possible.
The work you do will be part of your teams overall transport plan, which can affect how many trucks and trailers we need, how many staff are needed at any one site. You must have the ability to be analytical, have an eye for detail and a questioning nature.
For our Depot Transport Planner – London South, you need to be proactive in identifying changes in depot activity and to effectively adapt planning to meet the depot’ requirements. This will include ad-hoc requirements, peak and off-peak plans and any network changes that affect depot transport operations.
- Transport Planning experience essential
- Paragon experience essential
- TMS experience essential
- Isotrak experience desirable
- Project experience desirable
- Strong Excel capability
- Strong analytical skills
- Lateral thinker
- Confident in in being front-facing with stakeholders
- Confident in challenging stakeholders
- Experience of using Paragon routing software for maintenance, routing and solution design engineering
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and maintain clear focus upon priorities
- Must have a valid driving license
- Create, maintain and continue to improve the depots’ transport plans
- Create, maintain and continue to improve the Parcelshop transport plans
- Upload and amend depot transport plans into TMS or Paragon
- Share the future transport plans with the depot transport operation team
- Create the peak plans as per depot requirements
- Ensure effective communication with the depots, Parcelshop admin team and the wider Depot Transport Planning team
- Confirm vehicle and driver resource with the depots
- Run business reports when required
- Produce reports, including Planned Vs. Actual, and continually feedback to depots
- Monitor, guide and challenge operational compliance to plan
- Company Car
- 26 Days Holiday entitlement + Bank Holidays
- Opt in benefits
“To all recruitment agencies: Hermes does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hermes employees or any other organisation location. Hermes is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.”