We have an exciting opportunity for an Agile Business Analyst to join us at our Head offices in Leeds.
Why Join our Data Services Team?
As a business, Hermes is driven by our four values of; Do the right thing, Dare to be different, Strive for more and Be customer obsessed. It’s because of these values that we are the UK’s leading consumer delivery service handling over 380 million parcels per year and still growing and our Data Services team help to drive that growth.
In this role you’ll facilitate the delivery of measures and KPIs in Hermes’ strategic reporting toolset by defining the data and user requirements using Agile methods as part of Hermes Agile transformation.
What You’ll Do:
- Performing enterprise analysis to support the development of the product roadmap, including identifying the scope and priorities for delivering any given KPI, leading to identification of themes and epics.
- Working with the business teams to capture requirements for refinement into user stories.
- Defining user stories and refinement of those stories and associated acceptance criteria with the development teams to get them ready for build.
- Working with the business and IT teams to help stay true to the product vision as defined by the sponsor through the analysis and development outputs.
- Working with the business stakeholders to identify the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) for new features on the reporting dashboards so that value can be realised as early as possible
- Helping manage the backlog along with the ADM to ensure that it is kept in priority order so that the next most important thing is always being worked on.
- Championing Agile working practices within the teams by actively contributing to retrospectives and making sure that refinement sessions are carried out with the teams on each user story.
- Working with the development teams to address any queries raised whilst delivering a ticket.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Recent and demonstrable experience of working as a Business Analyst within an Agile environment. You’ll be no stranger to working collaboratively with development teams using agile business analysis techniques including user story and acceptance criteria.
- Experience of defining a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and using Weightiest Shortest Job First (WSJF) across a wide variety of workstreams and/or projects/programmes of work.
- An ability to influence and communicate internally up to C-Suite and with external suppliers. Put simply you’ll make the complex, simple!
Desirable skills and experience required:
- Any Agile certification is advantageous, such as any qualification from the Scrum Alliance
- Experience of defining requirements for MI projects or initiatives using modern reporting and dashboard techniques, including user experience design.
- Data modelling experience using entity relationship diagrams (ERD) or other data modelling techniques.
- Any experience of Jira, Confluence, SAP Analytics Cloud, Microsoft Flow & SharePoint is great but not critical.
What we can offer you:
We can offer you a competitive salary, bonus, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 3% contribution into your pension, life assurance and income protection. On top of this, we offer a great range of flexible benefits that aim to provide something for everyone, so whether you want shopping vouchers, insurance or healthcare we’ve got you covered.
This role offers fantastic opportunities for you to climb the career ladder into managerial roles within both the function and wider business. At Hermes, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, we thrive on it and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
If you are ready to develop your career in an empowering, growing yet supportive business then why not join us? Clicking apply is the first step to ‘Being the Me in Hermes’!