As a business, Hermes is driven by our four values of Do the right thing, Dare to be different, Strive for more and Be Customer Obsessed. We run our business by these values and they are reflected in all of our roles.
Our Unidentified Parcel Operative at our Birchwood Depot is responsible for supporting your Supervisor and Night Manager by working with the shift and ensuring that any misplaced packages with missing or damaged labels are sent on to their owner or back to our clients as required. You may also repack parcels with damaged packaging but no damage to the parcel and then forward on to our couriers for delivery.
With this being a Nights Based role, your average shift start time will be between 9:30pm-10:30pm and rough shift finish time of between 5:30am-7:00am. These start finish times DO fluctuate with the parcel volumes
About the Role:
You will step up and use your initiative to make sure that parcels are tracked and returned swiftly by working with various parts of our network including our Hubs, sub-Depots, Couriers and clients so excellent communication skills are necessary in this role.
You’ll report in to your Inbound Process Supervisor and you will assist in providing leadership across the returns team. Some of your responsibilities will be to manage small projects and take ownership of particular areas.
This position is ideal for someone who wants to grow their career with us and take on more of an autonomous role where you will manage your time and work.
You must be able to work well in a team and take the lead on projects.
- Ensure a timely response to email queries from customers.
- Manage and resolve damaged parcels and take necessary action as necessary.
- Action to a satisfactory level of all C2C (customer to customer) emails within the timelines as agreed to ensure all issues and resolve.
- Ensure that the CRM (customer relationship management) process is followed and that all information is updated as to requirements.
- Provide daily UP (unidentified parcels) end of day information.
- Re labelling parcels once the parcels have been processed.
- Identify parcels for next day deliver from the ‘cage’ in the depot.
- Accurate completion of any relevant paperwork
- Keep work area clean and tidy
- Annual salary will be £20,349 (inclusive of allowances) this is equivalent to £9.85 per hour with overtime available at a premium rate.
- 24 Days Holiday entitlement + Bank Holidays
- Opt in benefits
We will contribute 3% into your pension, give you peace of mind through life assurance and also provide income protection cover. On top of this, we offer a great range of flexible benefits that aim to provide something for everyone, so whether you want a discount with a retailer, insurance for your new gadget, or a cash back health care scheme that can include an online GP service, we’re sure we’ve got something for you. As well as great benefits we can also provide you with the opportunity to further your driving qualifications up to class 1 driver.