As a business, Hermes is shaped by our four values of Do the right thing, Dare to be different, Strive for more and Be customer obsessed. We run our business by these values and they are reflected in all of our roles, particularly newly created position Lean Implementation Specialist.
Reporting in to our Lean Implementation Manager, you and your colleagues will be play a key part in the role out of our Hermes Lean Continuous Improvement Framework. You will work operationally with site and senior Managers to successfully embed the frame work in to our business. Alongside working with Site senior teams, you will also embed a Lean culture across all levels of the business including front-line staff, so you must be able to tailor your approach accordingly.
Your work will initially focus on our Depot and Hub network but as the cultural change of the Framework progresses you will begin to work with the wider business including Customer Services, our Head Office function and our Field Division.
About the Role:
Hermes is the logistics and distribution partner to some of the largest and most fast-paced e-commerce and international retailers; we must innovate and create more dynamic working practices to continue providing a fast, cost-effective and efficient service whilst continuing to grow year on year.
You will have the rare opportunity to work cross-functionally with all parts of our business.
Using your experience and influencing skills, you will coach Managers & Employees on how to embed tools & techniques from the Employeeship’s Lean/CI toolkit into their day to day practice and improvement initiatives.
You will work on projects across a variety of areas including: Capability & Compliance, Process Maturity, Culture & Behaviours, Project Delivery Focus and Change and Communication so you must be able to combine your Structured Problem Solving, Change Leadership, and Process Improvement skills to identify and implement solutions that lead to measurable and sustainable benefits for Hermes and our Parcel People.
Projects that you will work on will range from short/medium term projects to projects that sit within Hermes’ 5 & 10 year plans. So if you are seeking a challenging role where you will help craft and embed the strategy for one of the largest distribution businesses in the UK, then this position can offer that scope.
This role has national scope and national travel, so we welcome applicants from across the UK but ideally you will be based within a manageable distance from either Morley, Leeds or Rugby, Warwickshire.
Because of the fast-paced nature of Hermes and the size of the projects you will implement, having a background of creating and embedding Lean solutions across Logistics, Manufacturing, Automotive or similar industries would be preferred.
- Proven track record of coaching colleagues & management teams in building a mature Lean/CI capability across end:end Value Streams within Sites
- Experience in deploying CI in:
- a service environment
- a head office environment
- supply chain environment
- Proven track record as an internal/external consultant leading and closing a variety of Lean/CI improvement projects (such as value stream transformation, DMAIC, Kaizen/ Rapid Improvement Events,)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written/listening, presentation) including the ability to communicate to both technical and business colleagues - must be able to discuss complex issues in a plain and concise manner.
Delivery of Improvement Initiatives
- Provide coaching/mentoring support to Employees who are executing Lean CI improvement initiatives within the business area you support
- Structure and lead continuous improvement projects and Rapid Improvement Events that deliver operational improvement
Partner with operational managers to develop and sustain results
- Effectively facilitate workshops that engage attendees to deliver specified outcomes to a robust and established toolset: a strong communicator
- Collegue Engagement/Local System of Improvement
- Participate in building CI Awareness with Employees and Managers at the local level
- Engage local Employees to proactively utilise CI approaches in their day to day work
Local System of Improvement/CI Culture
- Work with local Employees and Managers in building/maintaining a Lean CI Culture/Local system of Improvement
- Delivering Visual management
- Utilising PDCA for Colleague lead improvements
- Utilising CI tools & techniques in BAU
- Car or Car Allowance
- 26 Days Holiday entitlement + Bank Holidays
- Opt in benefits
“To all recruitment agencies: Hermes does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hermes employees or any other organisation location. Hermes is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.”