We are currently recruiting for a Delivery Manager to work on a 6 months contract within our Normanton region.
Why join our Normanton Region Field Team?
As a business, Hermes is driven by our four values of; Do the right thing, Dare to be different, Strive for more and Be customer obsessed. It’s because of these values that we are the UK’s leading consumer delivery service handling over 300 million parcels per year and still growing.
Because of this, sometimes our self-employed Couriers need a little assistance and that’s where our Delivery Managers come in. You’ll be part and parcel in solving problems for our customers before they become real issues. It’s an old cliché but no two days are the same which makes for an exciting and fast paced working environment bringing you both challenge and reward in equal measure.
What you will do:
- Act as a point of contact for when our self-employed Couriers have issues or need help and guidance. Think of it as part problem solver and part community hero, keeping our self employed Couriers motivated and safe.
- Ensure that all work has been allocated and picked up by our self-employed Couriers and where this may not be the case, find solutions to ensure that our customers’ delivery is achieved.
- Review data to ensure our self-employed Couriers are performing and are on track and where relevant, step in to check if there are any issues and offer appropriate solutions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- You will be responsible for the engagement of self-employed Couriers working out of a number of delivery units within a set geographical area.
- You will be the face of recruitment for your delivery units, ensuring you have full coverage for your area and ensuring that self-employed Couriers are welcomed and enjoy a great induction experience.
- Submit reports and data to continually improve the service we offer.
- You will be accountable for cost management and budgeting.
- Monitoring and driving improvement across a number of performance measures including speed of service, standard/next day delivery, collections, C2C, claims/enquiries and end of life to ensure customer and client satisfaction.
Essential skills and experience required:
- A full UK car driving licence with less than 6 penalty points as you'll drive between sites across your region.
- The ability to deal with people and conflict, you will need to be able to think on your feet and come up with solutions to problems.
- You must be highly organised and efficient in being able to prioritise and manage sometimes conflicting problems as they arise.
- A good geographical knowledge of the local area that you will be responsible for.
- You will be required to work on a weekend on a rotation basis and must also be available to deal with any major problems/issues outside of the usual 9-5 as and when they arise.
- You will already have previous experience of managing large teams across multiple sites/locations, coaching and interviewing/recruiting people. Without all this experience, unfortunately we will not be able to consider your application.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software such as Word, Outlook, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
What we can offer you:
We can offer you a competitive salary, company car, 26 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus bank holidays, 3% contribution into your pension, life assurance and income protection.
On top of this, we offer a great range of flexible benefits that aim to provide something for everyone, so whether you want shopping vouchers, insurance or healthcare we’ve got you covered.
At Hermes, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, we thrive on it and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.