Housing Solutions is operating in a very exciting space with significant growth opportunity and a great reputation for achieving results.
Established in 1995 we provide quality, affordable homes to rent and buy across the South East of England. We are rooted in the local community and we offer a wide range of housing services and housing options, including affordable homes to rent, properties to buy under shared ownership; market rent properties, and specialist accommodation for older people and people who need care and support to live within the community.
Housing Solutions is an ambitious organisation, we are working hard to maximise the number of new homes we build, refurbishing our existing estates and striving to innovate to achieve happy customers.
An important and valuable role with our accounts department the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing the direct debit process, including changes to the BACS payments, new instructions, cancellations and annual increases.
- To oversee the sales ledger and monitor income received, including raised invoices to customers, chasing outstanding debt and reconciliation of the sales ledger accounts including the month end process.
- To manage the company insurance which includes logging property and vehicle claims with insurance companies, liaising with staff and customer to resolve queries.
- To raise repair recharge invoices and to upload charges to rent accounts for court costs and housing benefit refunds. To process customer refunds and raise utility bill recharges to residents.
- To provide a responsive and effective service to our customers as directed by the Rent and Transactions Manager.
We are seeking a highly motived and analytical person who has previous experience working within an accounting service, ideally but not compulsory, with income and rental experience. Our ideal candidate would be educated to a minimum of GCSE level and have strong communication and interpersonal skills, someone who enjoys communicating numerical information both verbally and in writing.
An ambitious and tenacious person who can become part of our team and incorporate our company values of Ownership, Innovation, Teamwork and Inclusion into their work life.
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy please visit the Jobs & Careers page of our website www.housingsolutions.co.uk or to request a paper copy please call our 24 hour recruitment line on 01628 543157.
The closing date for application forms is 01 April 2019 Interviews will be held the week of 08 April 2019 .