Housing Solutions is a not for profit Housing Association, rooted in the local community providing quality, affordable homes to rent and buy across the local area. Our mission is to make our residents proud of where they live and our colleagues proud of where they work. Our services are driven by our strategic goals of safe, satisfied and sustainable, underpinned by our company values of ownership, innovation, teamwork and inclusion.
Why Choose Us
We pride ourselves on putting our residents at the heart of everything we do. We are invested in our local community and can see the difference we make in the area we live and work. Our employees are passionate and driven to achieve the best results for our residents, and are rewarded for their hard work and commitment.
Our modern and fresh working space allows us to work collaboratively together. You will make connections across the whole team and be part of our inclusive and open culture. Achieving the best of both worlds we successfully combine remote working as well as meeting together weekly as a whole team once pandemic restrictions allow.
Our substantial benefits package includes company pension contributions of up to 14% and a strong focus on employee wellbeing, including generous annual leave and our ‘Healthy Lives, Healthy Minds’ programme.
Our commitment to Learning and Development can been seen across the organisation and aims to bring our future leaders to the fore, whilst helping our employees reach their career aspirations by offering a broad development fund and in house development programmes.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced cleaner / caretaker to join our Community Maintenance Team, within the Caretaking section. This role is a static post and will be based at one of our estates, located in Maidenhead. This is a great opportunity to provide a high quality, customer focused caretaking service to maintain the communal areas and properties within a specific fixed estate.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- Working as part of a team, you will be responsible for cleaning the communal areas on the estate to a high level
- This will involve cleaning hallways, stairwells and bin store areas
- with deep cleans and grounds work as required.
- You may also be involved in clearing rubbish from our empty properties and ensuring safe disposal
- You will be responsible for inspecting maintenance complaints
- Reporting defects on properties.
You will be:
- Previous experience of cleaning and maintenance tasks
- Hold a good understanding on operating caretaking maintenance equipment
- Have the ability to clean large areas above shoulder level
- You should have a good working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and procedures and be able to put these into practice during the working day.
- Basic administration skills are required to complete job orders via a handheld PDA
- You will need to use your own initiative in problem solving scenarios
- You will be expected to be well presented and physically fit
- Applicants must hold a full driving licence and be able to provide their own transport to and from the workplace
The successful applicant will require a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate which is considered satisfactory to Housing Solutions.
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy please visit the Jobs & Careers page of our website www.housingsolutions.co.uk
The closing date is 30 November 2021.
We reserve the right to shortlist and arrange interviews for potentially suitable candidates ahead of the scheduled close date, therefore we look forward to your application as soon as you are ready.
We will not be accepting applications through recruitment agencies for this position.
Internal applications are welcome from employees who have passed their probation period, are not currently being standard set for absence or performance or on a disciplinary warning (unless able to demonstrate significant improvement over the last six months).
Have you considered if this might be a good secondment opportunity? if you might be interested, please contact Luke Gazur to discuss possibilities.
For internal applications please apply through the intranet, under the HR section - internal vacancies.
Employee Benefit Highlights
Minimum 25 days per annum + bank holidays Buy/Sell holiday scheme Generous Pension Plan Life Assurance Physiotherapy Annual Health Events – flu jabs and health screening BUPA Membership with certain roles Learning & Development Funds Employee Recognition events and awards Modern offices and parking available
Full details here https://www.housingsolutions.co.uk/job-and-careers/company-benefits/