Housing Solutions is a not for profit Housing Association, rooted in the local community providing quality, affordable homes to rent and buy across the local area. Our mission is to make our residents proud of where they live and our colleagues proud of where they work. Our services are driven by our strategic goals of safe, satisfied and sustainable, underpinned by our company values of ownership, innovation, teamwork and inclusion.
Why Choose Us
We pride ourselves on putting our residents at the heart of everything we do. We are invested in our local community and can see the difference we make in the area we live and work. Our employees are passionate and driven to achieve the best results for our residents, and are rewarded for their hard work and commitment.
Our modern and fresh working space allows us to work collaboratively together. You will make connections across the whole team and be part of our inclusive and open culture. Achieving the best of both worlds we successfully combine remote working as well as meeting together weekly as a whole team once pandemic restrictions allow.
Our substantial benefits package includes company pension contributions of up to 14% and a strong focus on employee wellbeing, including generous annual leave and our ‘Healthy Lives, Healthy Minds’ programme.
Our commitment to Learning and Development can been seen across the organisation and aims to bring our future leaders to the fore, whilst helping our employees reach their career aspirations by offering a broad development fund and in house development programmes.
About The Role
The AOV & EML Compliance Tester will travel round our Housing stock and carry out the testing for emergency lights auto air vents and fire drop keys boxes, ensuring all emergency lights , fire drop boxes and auto air vents are working and to report faults or repairs to the relevant internal department.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- To ensure all elements are working correctly and report any repairs or maintenance issues through the correct channels.
- Ensure all records are updated, logged efficiently and correctly and track the progress of any repairs raised.
- To test, inspect and report on a variety of emergency requirements across our tenanted buildings.
- Report any other problems found on site. This includes conducting routine inspections, reporting defects on properties and answering emergency calls as required.
You will be:
- Experienced in testing emergency lights as well as testing Auto Air Vents and Fire Drop key testing.
- You should have a good working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and procedures and be able to put these into practice during the working day.
- Able to communicate effectively with a positive approach to solving daily work challenges.
- Able to liaise clearly and sensitively with residents in a pleasant and helpful manner.
The successful applicant will require a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate which is considered satisfactory to Housing Solutions.
How to Apply
To apply for this vacancy please visit the Jobs & Careers page of our website www.housingsolutions.co.uk
The closing date is 12 December 2021.
We reserve the right to shortlist and arrange interviews for potentially suitable candidates ahead of the scheduled close date, therefore we look forward to your application as soon as you are ready.
We will not be accepting applications through recruitment agencies for this position.